Why do Amateurs think they know best???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chokers_zpsd1fcb686.jpg

That's nothing but "bad ass"!!!!

In general, the most arrogant/cocky/over-confident fallers I've encountered are the ones that tear up their saws/bars and make big messes. The best fallers I've worked with have all been easy going guys who didn't talk themselves up, ever. Seems like a pattern that doesn't break.

In my experience, this is how it is in every industry. Not strictly confined to tree work.

I wished I could have seen the american chestnut trees. The red woods of the east they called them. A blight got most of them back in the early 1900's . there is still a few around but they dont survive very long.

American chestnut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a bunch of furniture made out of wormy chestnut! Seriously...I do! I have had this set since I was a little kid and have never seen any other furniture made from it. I've got a huge desk made of it...takes several people to move it.

I have a bunch of furniture made out of wormy chestnut! Seriously...I do! I have had this set since I was a little kid and have never seen any other furniture made from it. I've got a huge desk made of it...takes several people to move it.

Better hold on to that. A weathered down buck skin is all a guy will see as far as chestnut goes.. one of our tracts has oodles of BIG ASS chestnut stumps. Talkin 8 10 feet deals. Some are bigger...

Better hold on to that. A weathered down buck skin is all a guy will see as far as chestnut goes.. one of our tracts has oodles of BIG ASS chestnut stumps. Talkin 8 10 feet deals. Some are bigger...

You two are the only ones I have heard even speak of chestnut. Yes, they must have been big! Oh...I'm not getting rid of it ever. I would say that I have probably a large collection...hey, are some pics worth showing?

no pics Some people look at me sideways when I say that the chestnuts were HUGE. Eh oh well.

Back