Why Do You Was Stihl Pro Chaps Before Use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
Just bought a pair of stihl pro mark chaps.
It says to wash them before use.
anyone know why?
Thanks
John

Maybe because they can't guarantee what kind of "Pro" wore them before you?

I know our firefighter PPE has to be washed before use too. It was explained to us that it tightens up the fibers to make them more effective. The temp rating went up like 300-400 degrees once they were washed. Maybe washing the chaps gets the strands together tighter so if you have an oopsie, it will grab more strands at once to save your hide.

I know our firefighter PPE has to be washed before use too. It was explained to us that it tightens up the fibers to make them more effective. The temp rating went up like 300-400 degrees once they were washed. Maybe washing the chaps gets the strands together tighter so if you have an oopsie, it will grab more strands at once to save your hide.

I thought for chaps it's actually the opposite. Washing removes any residues so the fibres are looser so they will pull out easier and lockup the chainsaw

I'm pretty sure thats what its for, to fluff them up. Ok, now I have a question. I just got my OWN chainsaw chaps, thesea are it.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200304965_200304965?cm_mmc=Housefile-_-SHIPPED-_-1206-_-CONF

any one know anything +/- about them. they are a bit long on me, but the legs are wide and go almost all the way around, which i like cause i did not want a full pant. They have the UL safety thing on them. I am satisfied with them. The crotch doesnt hang down real low on me like my boyfriends chaps do so i have full range of movement, and they are really light, not heavy at all, just wondered if anyone knew anything bout them. . . couldnt find a whole lot of details. . . post or PM me.. . .kemme know ;)

Back