Why is staking trees is bad .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is why you don t leave wires and hose on trees ,how many times have we seen this ?What happens a lot is that planting contracts state that tree must be staked . So the landscaper stake them but the contract says nothing about removing stakes so landscaper are sure not going to come back a year later . The maintenance contracts are usually bid so tight they have no paid time to remove stakes ,wires ,and hoses . I think what would fix this is if the original install contract stated that landscaper would get paid to come back and remove stakes in 6 months to a year .
381010371_2b2b7e0869.jpg

I found parts of an old bicycle in a very old sweet chestnut I took down a number of years ago back in England. Heard of a crew who came across an old musket in an ancient English oak that they were taking down aswell. Alot of the older London plane trees in London are also full of shrapnel, discovered that after sharpening my saw half a dozen times and then a little old lady comes out of her house and tells me that one of the first V1 flying bombs (known as 'doodlebugs') landed across the road and blew half the street away. When we finally got what appeared to be the oldest Plane on the floor and ringed and split it up, you could count back the 50 or so years to where the shrapnel hit the tree and became embedded.........pretty cool I thought. Buggered up a hell of alot of chains though!

We removed a big silver maple and there was a set of snow chains in the main crouch. Talk about a night mare to remove

Why...

:chainsaw: Milled an English walnut tree-had big hopes of lots of lumber-found an old ceramic wire insulator and a couple of nails near the center of the tree. Ceramic really does a number on a bandsaw blade.:blob2:

Arms Cache

My mate was working in Northern Ireland,in Belfast,they were taking down some Street Trees and found a Cache of rifles burried at the base of one of them!I've found bullets/Shrapnell/bits of Brick and the weirdest of all,a pitch fork!

Latest posts

Back