Why won't it split?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundance

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Neighbor (NOT mechanically inclined) called and said his splitter just stopped part way out. Claimed no warning, just stopped and won't move either way, Wandered down and took about a minute to figure out. See photo:
Lovejoy.jpg

Years ago had a friend of a friend call and say my wood splitter has a bad knock. I asked any oil in the engine and is the insert in the love joy any good? When he showed up at the house the love joy was shelled out. Folks don't seem to keep a eye on the insert and change out as needed.

Years ago had a friend of a friend call and say my wood splitter has a bad knock. I asked any oil in the engine and is the insert in the love joy any good? When he showed up at the house the love joy was shelled out. Folks don't seem to keep a eye on the insert and change out as needed.
While my neighbor would have no clue what the insert is, in fairness I'd have to say it wasn't easy to check on his splitter. I had to crawl under it to verify my guess on the issue.

Back