why would husky/jonsered market a saw that runs this poorly???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like some Husqvarnas. The 372 and 346 are fantastic saws. I can make either of those saw into pissed off SOBs that hate wood. All the 2 series saws are great. Very tough saws that take a hell of a beating.

I can make a 562XP, or a 550XP run in a way that will embarrass a lot of larger saws.

BUT........that does not mean I'm gonna prop up their build quality.
I thought you gave up on those particular saws. [emoji6]

I sometimes wonder why an admitted Stihl fan use only Jonsereds as his work saws - first 2153 and 2156, and then 2260 and 2253.

He can't be that impressed with the current Stihl alternatives....:lol:
that's a stupid statement, I sure as hell am anything but impressed with my 2253 at this point. At least a 241/ 261 would start and run reliably.

a92d14e2209a9a049f55be9d18830eef.jpg

Knock on wood but I've had zero issues with mine save a leaking decomp valve.

I don't do many 562s at all. I do a lot of 550s.
550s hold up better? I toy around with MM my 555 and 562 just to let them breathe better. I feel like they're already strung out so much I don't think they'd hold up going to wild.

550s hold up better? I toy around with MM my 555 and 562 just to let them breathe better. I feel like they're already strung out so much I don't think they'd hold up going to wild.

550s never have a bog that can't be fixed.

Fair enough. You have far more experience than me. Both of mine had leaking decomps that caused a bog of idle but never in the cut. The dealer reset and updated the software on the 562 a noticeable difference. I still hate the fact that I can't work on them myself. I really want a bigger saw but I think an ms 362 will be my next purchase. I have a much better stihl dealer then husky.

Fair enough. You have far more experience than me. Both of mine had leaking decomps that caused a bog of idle but never in the cut. The dealer reset and updated the software on the 562 a noticeable difference. I still hate the fact that I can't work on them myself. I really want a bigger saw but I think an ms 362 will be my next purchase. I have a much better stihl dealer then husky.

Stock VS stock, the 562 will wax the 362's ass.

The 362 will be killing trees a decade from now, and the 562 will be melted down and made into trinkets.

It's really a shame we've got a couple 266 that still kick ass at 30+ years old. It makes me sick. I am a husky guy but I'm a bigger fan of reliability.

Latest posts

Back