"wicked work saw" ported cylinder exchange program

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the porting bench
attachment.php

here are a couple of pics of my "wicked work saw" logo shirts thanks to a great as member for putting these together for me
attachment.php
attachment.php

i mentioned earlier that i would be doing some introductory pricing on these kits. well how does this sound ,THE FIRST 10 PEOPLE TO PURCHASE A KIT WILL GET $50 DOLLARS OFF, that means the first 10 people to pay for their kit will get the discounted price, i will run this special till the 10 are gone or until the first day of march

Last edited:
This is a pretty cool idea Terry. Best of luck to ya. Ran that 562 of Bob's again a couple weeks ago, that thing is ridiculous.
What about the guys with a new saw that wouldn't need a piston, seals, gaskets, muffler, etc. Do you have just a cylinder exchange kit or is that outside the parameters?

Maybe I missed it, but, can we send you an almost new piston and cylinder, then you port that? No other parts, no kit.
STIHL is what I'm thinking of.

This is a pretty cool idea Terry. Best of luck to ya. Ran that 562 of Bob's again a couple weeks ago, that thing is ridiculous.
What about the guys with a new saw that wouldn't need a piston, seals, gaskets, muffler, etc. Do you have just a cylinder exchange kit or is that outside the parameters?

i can customize a kit as needed but the savings will not be as great. i wanted to build a kit that would cover the guy that needs it all at a great price.if the saw is pretty new and the parts are in like new condition i can do a port job on your cylinder and piston and muffler for $200 shipped. but i have to have the piston and cylinder,muffler,heat shield,muffler gasket,base gasket to be able to do a cylinder swap and then port your muffler. old -cat i hope this answers your question too.

Yes, except that I have already done an extensive muffler mod and I would only need to do a little bit of port match to fit your exhaust port.

in order for me to do the work i would require the muffler and partaining parts be sent along with the cylinder,even if you have modded it already.

This is a great idea! The shop looks great and I wish you much success.

I'm curious on your 066/660 exchange program how you ensure that the same cylinder going out is the same coming in. My understanding is that there are several different cylinders, and since the port timing can very greatly, some are much more desirable than others.

Thanks

-Greg

Terry I am really glad to see you branching out but hate to hear you are getting out of the logging business.
I will be looking forward to the grand opening GTG.

Latest posts

Back