"wicked work saw" ported cylinder exchange program

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im asking that anyone that wants a decal for a saw that i have ported for them , to send me a self addressed stamped envelope and i will get them mailed out.

ive sold most all my race saws and i dont know if i will be racing or not. right now im concentrating on getting my saw shop inventory stocked and dealership up and going so racing is on the back burner.

ive sold most all my race saws and i dont know if i will be racing or not. right now im concentrating on getting my saw shop inventory stocked and dealership up and going so racing is on the back burner.
Ok cool deal...have u talked to ricky much? He is a pretty good resource with worksaws and even ######## especially if your in TN.

sorry r a c e s a w s

we have shot the sh it at the races a few times but never really talked work saws. i believe that he logs or did do a bit of logging for the same mill that my father n law worked for at one time.

we have shot the sh it at the races a few times but never really talked work saws. i believe that he logs or did do a bit of logging for the same mill that my father n law worked for at one time.

Ok ya...he knows his stuff..if u get an afternoon off it would be worth your while to chat with him imo.

Ya i heard it was like bringing a pocketknife to a machine gun fight...ohh well.

the muffler that is with the 044/046/066 ms440/ms460/ms660 are dual port covers. if you want to bead blast your muffler and repaint it before sending it to me, i will take the $25 from the price. in order to give you such a great deal i have to keep the labor to a minimum by not having to rehab old parts.

the muffler that is with the 044/046/066 ms440/ms460/ms660 are dual port covers. if you want to bead blast your muffler and repaint it before sending it to me, i will take the $25 from the price. in order to give you such a great deal i have to keep the labor to a minimum by not having to rehab old parts.

So much for having you weld my Homelite 330 muffler back together. :(

since this january was the second wettest january we have had in my area since they started keeping records my skidder has only been work 7 days out of the last 7 weeks. i am usually a man of actionsand this situation has required some fast action. i am going thru the process of becoming a dealer for oregon,ahlborn equipment,woodland international,and jonsered. so ii am going to be retiring my logging operation when the job im on is finished up. i have a new saw shop that is 500 square ft, heated, cooled,insulated and i will have the doors open for walk in business soon. i am going to have a grand opening gtg in june.

I hope it works out good for you Terry. This package seems to be targeted to a small audience of people that want a ported saw and are skilled in repairing and tuning saws, but not capable of doing their own porting. For me the extra shipping cost for receiving a completed saw outweighs the risk of possibly trashing a saw if not properly tuned after porting. I take it you are still offering the traditional porting package for the much larger audience of novice users.

Last edited:
yes i still offer complete porting and set up of your own saw. with ever rising shipping cost guys that would like to get a saw ported but cant becouse of shipping making the cost too high can now get the port work they desire. i can even do a kit for someone in another country and save them tons of money in shipping cost.

yes i still offer complete porting and set up of your own saw. with ever rising shipping cost guys that would like to get a saw ported but cant becouse of shipping making the cost too high can now get the port work they desire. i can even do a kit for someone in another country and save them tons of money in shipping cost.

That makes sense, especially for the foreign customers. There's no Jonsered dealers in the Knoxville area so it should be a good opportunity. At least you will not have to stock expensive lawn equipment.

Last edited:
I've found shipping most parts sized boxes are around $10 give or take a couple bucks, and the average for shipping a saw has been $15-20. Ground or priority, not parcel post.

i cant ship a saw across the street for $20. i just shipped a 084 from tn to ok and with insurance it cost $47 for regular parcial package. if it was going priority it was going to be even higher. i have shipped 372's to canada and that average $60. ive sent saws out to washington and california and they went for $40 to $75. if it costs $35 bucks each direction to ship a saw your adding $70 bucks to the cost of a port job, your port job cost $320 and that is using all of your old parts. if you did the regular ship it out port job with a new piston and rings,gasket set ,new muffler,carb kit,plug the cost would get astronomical. i would say it would average $100-$150 more dollars. really what im gearing these kits toward is more bang for your buck when your buck doesnt have muchbang left in it now a days.

Latest posts

Back