Width of rails of Alaskan Mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auswelder

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone able to tell me the outside to outside dimensions of the rails on an alaskan Mill. I plan to build my own mill but just looking for some dimensions first.

Thanks

I'm not what they are but here is one of my large mills next to a Granberg and they look pretty much the same width.

comp.jpg

I notice you are in Oz.
In that case I would highly recommend using the Ally T-slotted rail I used on my mill.
It's called "HD Highway road sign" available from Capral Aluminium.
A 6m length costs $100 but from that you can cut the rails for 2 sizes of mills, one short and one long.

I also recommend not using conventional bar clamps but drilling holes in the bar and bolting the bar direct to the mill. This enables the chain to be removed from the saw without removing the saw from the mill.

My Mill is all Ally and bolts to the bar bolts and clamps to the nose. I get 39.5" of cut using a 42" bar.

Before you build your mill have a read of the Milling 101 sticky at the top of this forum.
In particular this post
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...nts-tips-and-tricks.93458/page-3#post-2326016

Latest posts

Back