Wife just doesn't understand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So over the weekend the tub in one of our upstairs bathrooms developed a leak.Because of the way house is built this is going to a chore to fix .I'll probably end up removing the tub(one piece shower /tub design)and just replace it with a stand up shower.
I told wifey that i would get started on it Monday .Well Monday around noon The Brown Truck showed up with an item I've been waiting on for several days.
I purchased an add on cab heater for my Kawasaki Teryx .

When she came home Monday evening I was in the garage with the Teryx in a thousand pieces working on the heater install.
She was a little flustered that I was not working on her tub and I spent quite a few minutes trying to explain the importance of the heater in the Teryx .Her response {you used it for six years without a heater} to which I replied { we have three full baths in the house}.all I got was a ,,WELL. we all know what that means.

just wish i could get her to see the order of Importance in things.

I would go to store, buy her favorite desert/treat, immediately apologize for your shortcomings. Do it promptly like ripping off a band-aid...pain will quickly subside.
Then, I would tackle your first sentence. Taking the tub out and diagnosing just why it "developed" a leak. You may just save yourself the entire ordeal of a complete changeover then look like a genius in the process.
Or
JeffHK454 has another method which I spilled OJ all over the desk ....it caught me just right I guess.

As I get older I tend to learn things that younger me didn’t know in these areas. Younger me would put that tub at the bottom of the list for the comment. Younger me probably would have snapped back whit some sort of your majesty comment lol. Occasionally I’ll say something I shouldn’t cuse for a split second I actually think that one last comment is a good idea for some reason. Then I end up in a world of **** way behind where I would have been if I just stood there with my mouth open and said absolutely nothing. What I do when I’m smart is say nothing then she looks like the donkey and actually apologizes to me afterwards. If I keep my mouth shut and she says a couple little things and then I get some cheap ass flowers and apologize for no good reason really she feels bad and it’s gravy train time for a while lol.

I don’t even know if any of that made sense but it’s kind of a turn the tables take the high road kinda thing. Works for me IF I keep that last comment to myself lol.

I think as I have got older I have learned to keep my mouth shut and don't have the last word. My wife of 36 years and my self weren't kids when we got married. Both of us hadn't ever been married. We both had houses. The one I had was only about four years old and almost paid for. At the time I worked on trucks and refer units at nights and had a fuel hauling trucking business in the daytime and weekends. So I was was gone a lot. She want both of us to sell our houses and move to the country and buy a farm that was for sale in the area she lived in. I didn't want to as it was 20 miles in the wrong way for my two jobs and the place needed a lot of work. I had a new house five mins from my night job. Well like a lot of the time she won out and that's what we did. So we moved in the summer and then fall comes and that's a busy time for me hauling fuel so I took 3 weeks off from my night job like I did every year to haul fuel none stop. This was long before cell phones were around. So a week into the three I roll into a customer to unload a load of fuel and the guy says your Mom which owned a truck stop fuel business I hauled for called looking for you. So I called mom. Your wife called and has no water in the house. I called home sure enough the well has quiet and she wants me to come 200 miles home and fix it. Back then I could kept my mouth shout and told her If we wouldn't have bought this place and moved we would have well problems. Told her this is the reason I had a new house I have enough problems keeping trucks and drivers on the road call the well guy. 20K later we had a new well and a whole new water system. Man was it cold in the house when I finally got back home from hauling fuel. Sometimes getting along with these women is tough. Its been a great 36 years with my wife.

So where did the op go? Hope he doesnt end up on a milk carton.
Not on milk carton yet,
I just about have the bathroom remodeled.
Never did find the leak and really didn't try to hard to find it.the Mrs has been wanting a stand-up shower in there for a long time so I'm doing exactly as told

What is the old saying," when mama is happy everybody is happy"

So over the weekend the tub in one of our upstairs bathrooms developed a leak.Because of the way house is built this is going to a chore to fix .I'll probably end up removing the tub(one piece shower /tub design)and just replace it with a stand up shower.
I told wifey that i would get started on it Monday .Well Monday around noon The Brown Truck showed up with an item I've been waiting on for several days.
I purchased an add on cab heater for my Kawasaki Teryx .

When she came home Monday evening I was in the garage with the Teryx in a thousand pieces working on the heater install.
She was a little flustered that I was not working on her tub and I spent quite a few minutes trying to explain the importance of the heater in the Teryx .Her response {you used it for six years without a heater} to which I replied { we have three full baths in the house}.all I got was a ,,WELL. we all know what that means.

just wish i could get her to see the order of Importance in things.
I feel the pain

Not on milk carton yet,
I just about have the bathroom remodeled.
Never did find the leak and really didn't try to hard to find it.the Mrs has been wanting a stand-up shower in there for a long time so I'm doing exactly as told

What is the old saying," when mama is happy everybody is happy"
Give it a minute

Back