Will 026 cylinder and piston fit on 024 woodboss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dufrain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am thinking this 024 parts saw I just got may need rebuilt.I may be able to get by with a new ringset.I got 90lbs on compression test with a not very good hold in type gauge.I see there are some 026 cylinder and piston kits on ebay for 60 shipped .Since the saws look similar,I have an 026 also,will the 026 piston and cylinder bolt on?

One more question what is the easiest way to tell of the crank seals are ok.The 024 wont run even with gas or ether shot in the carb.It does have spark.Thanx for any help

If you haven't already, do a search on this site. This question has been discussed before, and I can't remember what came of it. I'm pretty sure there is a combination of saws in which this will work. I can't remember if it's an 024 cyl on an 026 or an 026 on an 024. Someone on here will know for sure. As far as leaking seals, a vacum/pressure test is best for that. A dealer can do that for you, and there's ways to do it yourself, but for the few bucks that a dealer would charge, I'd have them do it. Too much pressure, and you'll ruin the seals if they weren't already. I've heard of guys applying soapy water to the the seals while the saw is running. If it bubbles, you've got a leak. That will only tell you about a positive pressure leak. A vaccum test is required to check for a neg pressure leak. Someone mentioned this earlier, so I suuppose it's possible to have a neg pressure leak, and not a pos. pressure leak. Do another search on here, and you'll have plenty of reading.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back