Will pulling the starter(slowly) without gas in the tank cause engine scoring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradislav

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
No gas in the tank pulled the rope slowly to check compression. Looked through the exhaust port,engine is wet but has small marks. Are they caused by me moving the piston without it having any gas in the tank? It was drained for postage

you wrench on the pull rope to prime them - no fuel in the lines or engine, it’s not caused by you turning the engine over slowly.
Thanks for the answer.,I need to get the plug out to see more of the situation inside. Worst case scenario I'll change the motor when the time comes. I bought the thing mainly cause of how rare they are around here. Its a 395xp. (Its a collection piece for me,I am afraid to use it and will be for a while cause of the power it has.)

Thanks for the answer.,I need to get the plug out to see more of the situation inside. Worst case scenario I'll change the motor when the time comes. I bought the thing mainly cause of how rare they are around here. Its a 395xp. (Its a collection piece for me,I am afraid to use it and will be for a while cause of the power it has.)
Pull the muffler and post pictures of the piston as seen through the exhaust port.

Latest posts

Back