Will They Be Around In 43 Years?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you shipped one or two in for personal use you wouldn't have issue but trying to "import" them in scale it would throw up flags quickly.

I have trustworthy contacts in Costa Rica and Chile but unfortunately only Brazil has the good saws.

I think if you shipped one or two in for personal use you wouldn't have issue but trying to "import" them in scale it would throw up flags quickly.

I have trustworthy contacts in Costa Rica and Chile but unfortunately only Brazil has the good saws.

Spare parts are not only subjected to lower custom duties, but nobody will check if they are missing a chain brake or aren't EURO-2 compliant

While it's mostly theoretical, customs throughout the EU occasionally run checks on power equipment privately imported from abroad, apparently at the instigation of several manufacturers, to check if they are emission and safety-feature compliant.
Probabilities of getting caught are probably similar to be struck by lightning, but I don't want to be the one walking down the road during a thunderstorm.

Good points! Could always ship without the handle you could save significant $ for the somewhat lighter, significantly more compact package.

Although it sounds like our Aussie friends on this site frequently ship saws into the country because their prices are so ridiculous.

Good points! Could always ship without the handle you could save significant $ for the somewhat lighter, significantly more compact package.

Although it sounds like our Aussie friends on this site frequently ship saws into the country because their prices are so ridiculous.

I wonder if we can just order saws from Brazil ebay?

Back