Will this bar and chain work on my Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14inchBar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Prior to my 170 I had a 42cc homelite that I used for firewood. I couldn't figure out how to get the filter cover off, so I smashed it to pieces in a drunken rage while I was bucking some logs. I have anger management problems.

I still have the 14 in bar and chain though. They survived the rage. Can I put this on my Stihl ms170? The bar has 4 metal things that stick out a little at the front of the bar.

I figure a smaller bar will increase chain speed, thereby increasing the saws cutting ability for an upcoming weekend felling job I recently landed. I figure this will fix the "bogging down" problem I am having in the bigger trees. Thanks for your help.

See photos

Attachments

• IMG_20150324_182518296.jpg
    IMG_20150324_182518296.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20150324_182508485.jpg
    IMG_20150324_182508485.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20150324_182548922.jpg
    IMG_20150324_182548922.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 50
Yes you can use that. You can tack weld it on so you no longer need the clutch cover. Those just clog up with chips anyways.

well i be,,,,,,, SOB,,, here we freaking go again:dumb2::dumb2::dumb2::dumb2::dumb2:,, will someone please hit the boot button

BA is pretty much going to troll this site away by himself....

The longer the owners go on without a admin the bigger of a mess they will have to clean up

Interesting comment given he/she/it was banned long before you signed up.

Wat are you spouting off about? This 14inchbar jack wagon (whom is currently on my ever so growing list of ignored brush ape screen names) joined tonight.

I'm confused by what your comment means?

Wat are you spouting off about? This 14inchbar jack wagon (whom is currently on my ever so growing list of ignored brush ape screen names) joined tonight.

I'm confused by what your comment means?

Brush Ape was banned long before you joined this site, just seems odd that you would be familiar with him.

Brush Ape was banned long before you joined this site, just seems odd that you would be familiar with him.

I'm not familiar with him per say. I thought brush ape was a blanket term for trolls on here. I didn't know this brush ape is a single person. Why does he keep causing trouble? You'd figure it would get old after a while. And I did visit this site for knowledge before becoming a member. But yes, the actual brush ape was before my time.

I'm not familiar with him per say. I thought brush ape was a blanket term for trolls on here. I didn't know this brush ape is a single person. Why does he keep causing trouble? You'd figure it would get old after a while. And I did visit this site for knowledge before becoming a member. But yes, the actual brush ape was before my time.

Well there is the original brush ape, and then brush ape franchisees.

Back