Will this buff out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any difference in power getting 44 vs the 44.7?
Hahahahaha that first photo of your piston gave me a very good chuckle. thank you

I was involuntarily Volunteered by the inlaws to keep running two 851cc Rotax 2-strokes (oil injected) Sea Doo's.
An oil injection jet got plugged on one and until the engine heat sensor shut down the engine, you could tell no difference in pulling a tuber with stuck rings on one cylinder vs after-refurb. hahahaha
It really did amaze me how well the 851 ran with a badly scored piston.

By now, you probably your jewel back together again and running.
Wondering if you cleaned up and re-used the old rings.

Oh no, I ordered some OEM seals an OEM boot and a hyway titanickel top end for it. Its ran 40 years without a rebuild want to shoot for that again. It’s a firewood saw so it may not be out of the question for it to do that.
If you really want 40 years get an OEM top end too

Oh no, I ordered some OEM seals an OEM boot and a hyway titanickel top end for it. Its ran 40 years without a rebuild want to shoot for that again. It’s a firewood saw so it may not be out of the question for it to do that
If you really want 40 years get an OEM top end too
It sounds like a good idea but looks like around 200$ for a mahle p/c. I’m trying to get it back to him with less money in it than what it’s worth, and I’ve never had any luck with used cylinders.

It sounds like a good idea but looks like around 200$ for a mahle p/c. I’m trying to get it back to him with less money in it than what it’s worth, and I’ve never had any luck with used cylinders.
A used OEM is a better choice than a chineese cylinder
You never showed pic's of the original cylinder,there is a chance that you could clean it up for reuse they don't really wear out,so long as the plating is good run it,the plating is tough.

A used OEM is a better choice than a chineese cylinder
You never showed pic's of the original cylinder,there is a chance that you could clean it up for reuse they don't really wear out,so long as the plating is good run it,the plating is tough.
The plating on the one I’m pulling has scratch marks (gouges) deep enough to get into the base material and hang up a fingernail. The bottom ring on the piston stuck and just ground down on the exhaust side, it’s a real shame. The guy running it would have been able to hear it leaning out and could have stopped it maybe if he knew what to listen for.

Latest posts

Back