Winter Project Projects & Plans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm done cutting wood for the year except some dead branch removals at worksite. Joined Prairie Chapter of ISA. Picked up some good reading material on pruning and tree care. Province of Manitoba offers free training on DED inoculation. Plan to take that along with other courses ISA offers. Attended workshop by Manitoba Urban Forest Council. Excellent information section and networking opportunity.
BTW, there are some annoying pop up video ads on this site.

Cylinder and head work.

Other than that cutting timer to be milled for a new building. Starting from scratch here.

The rest is on the home improvements front 20231119_101212.jpg20231109_131802.jpg20231117_124751.jpg20231012_154458.jpg20231004_112343.jpgand keeping up with broken bits everywhere like usual. A few foraging activities tossed in for tasty good eats. Not all in that pic are edible. Some are just for study. The brusiers are for milling large slabs. 32" bandsaw will handle the rest now.
Still burning last year's leftover junk wood.

Still hope to get my Stihl MS311 working. Changed the cylinder and head after I burned out the old one. Have checked all the wiring, the flywheel has good magnetic strength, new plug and new OEM coil (from ebay.) It's the right coil for this model and number matches the original. led spark tester shows orange light and no spark at plug. I'm guessing it's either a bad coil (ebay) or something weird in the flywheel. Next step before sinking any more money into it: pull the coil and test with multimeter. I'm behind in my firewood for this winter. Still have some to split and haul. Maybe I'll get to the saw when I have nothing to do.

Build a loft in my farm shop ....
Put new blades on my finishing disc ....
Build back rack for my flatbed truck ....
Cut wood !!!
Put new fertilizer opened discs on the corn planter ...
Spend too much time on AS ....

I'll share photos as they happen !

Cutting the last of the burnable ash out of our section this winter, couple brushy ditch line jobs to get cleared. Would like to find a good mechanic to get some more power out of my ms311 it's a sentimental saw, or else I would just buy a 441. Any suggestions? Or should I just get a bigger saw to run a 24"?

Howdy Y'all... This is my first post, its 3:59 am and I've about had it...
But I cut all the trees, {mostly cedar} off the front road and drug them out to the middle of the front pasture.
The tractor had been down for almost two years but is fixed but for hydrolic fluid.
These trees are 30 years old having been cut last in 1982,
I'll drag three or four at a time up to the kitchen wood yard and saw them up for fire wood.
Clear the front pasture of dead trees, mow, and it will be a pasture again.

I only cut dead, crowded or ugly trees as such and am clearing them off my land.
Burn them in my wood stove and heat the house.
God is great Sabu...

The Poet...

Back