wireless thermometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac B.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have a wireless thermometer to check your water temp.? I have been looking for one with no luck. I want on that just wraps a wire around the pex pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Will the ones from Lowes work?

Thanks Mac

That looks like a simple and easy way to monitor the water temp.I might have to get one when I get my OWB built.:cheers:

Thermometer

Is there a simple thermometer that just clamps on waterlines? It don't have to be wireless.

I wish someone would produce a wireless wood stove thermometer that had monitoring for high and low temps. So depending on where you have your stove you can monitor the temps.

smoker wireless monitor

I use a wireless temp gage for a smoker its two stage you and monitor incoming and outgoing water temps from your boiler.

I set a low temp alarm at 150F on the outgoing so I know when to go add wood...

Works great...

Mark

I use a wireless temp gage for a smoker its two stage you and monitor incoming and outgoing water temps from your boiler.

I set a low temp alarm at 150F on the outgoing so I know when to go add wood...

Works great...

Mark

now your talking and it will trip the alarm as well

I have a wireless system it can run 3 differnt ones at a time it is from the barbque world.com temp range form -100-600 degrees http://www.barbecue-store.com/nu-701simplewireless.htm

Lookin for a wireless system as well.
Tried to search out the pex shark stuff, no luck?
The one in the above link looks like it'll work, are you hose clamping the probe to a length of copper pipe, say around the incoming manifold??
:cheers:
Paul

Lookin for a wireless system as well.
Tried to search out the pex shark stuff, no luck?
The one in the above link looks like it'll work, are you hose clamping the probe to a length of copper pipe, say around the incoming manifold??
:cheers:
Paul

I have one on cold side one on hot side and one on the side of the furnace just crate a base line that works for you application and set the alarms were you need it

pex temp gauage shark bites http://www.cashacme.com/prod_sharkbite_gauges.php

Last edited:
I have one one cold side one on hot side and one on the side of the furnace just crate a base line that works for you application and set the alarms were you need it

pex temp gauage shark bites http://www.cashacme.com/prod_sharkbite_gauges.php

Smoke, thanks for the link.
They look good but, too much work to install on the 1" pex after the fact, durn it!
I'll be buyin the wireless unit.
Thanks again :cheers:
Paul

Smoke, thanks for the link.
They look good but, too much work to install on the 1" pex after the fact, durn it!
I'll be buyin the wireless unit.
Thanks again :cheers:
Paul

they have 3/4 or what ever you need on ebay and all you do is cut the pex and slid it on and turn done they are sweet and fast install

Thanks Smokin, I did a search on ebay for BBQ wireless thermometers and I think I will get one off there. Target sells the one I want but the store will not have it until spring. What does the water temp in yall's stove run?

Mac

Thanks Smokin, I did a search on ebay for BBQ wireless thermometers and I think I will get one off there. Target sells the one I want but the store will not have it until spring. What does the water temp in yall's stove run?

Mac

water 54 in and 165 out and the air is 120-135 mine is a hot air furance with dhw a frakinstein if you will

:dizzy: I think it was $300 last year.I bought a cheap one that was made to stick on a outside window and measure the outside temp...I straped it to my pex line and then used a infra-red thermometer to find the differential.

It worked ok,but now I cant find it.

:dizzy: I think it was $300 last year.I bought a cheap one that was made to stick on a outside window and measure the outside temp...I straped it to my pex line and then used a infra-red thermometer to find the differential.

It worked ok,but now I cant find it.
i do alot of smokin pork so thats why i went this way i already had 2 complete systems 6 total

Back