Wireless Water Temp Thermostat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLL MN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a CB5036. Currently right now I have a pair of binoculars that I use to see my h20 temperature at night. During the day there is no use trying to look because you can't see the screen from a distance. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a wireless thermostat in the house that told me the h20 temp of my owb. Maybe something that can be hooked up to the control panel that transmitted it to something in the house, similar to those electronic temperature units that can tell you the outside temp. Has anyone heard of anything that would work something like this? If there is nothing wireless, could I have hard wired something to the house?

Everyone uses the bbq ones as mentioned. I want a wired one, the wired ones have serious range issues...I ran a Cat5 cable when I trenched, didn't think it would be this hard to find :(

See previous discussion about the Maverick ET73 and similar devices used for smoker and BBQ grills.

Bill, I use the Maverick 73 going on my second year now. You can not have the sensor connected on the outside of the stove here in Minnesota. The sensor needs to be in room temp to work properly and will not go through the steel if you install it inside the door of the stove. I have my sensor tapped to my incoming line in the basement. A simple piece of foil tape around the lead works the best. I did try to insulated it and got a bad reading several times.

I picked up my Maverick for around 30.00 on ebay. It was the best thing I ever did. I know my OWB temp 24/7 and I set the high range warning at 185º so I know if my OWB over heats. I only fill my stove when I'm well below my low temp setting and save a lot on word. I changed the Batt's once in two years.

In fact, I like them so much I picked up one for a friend this summer. Check the prices because some sellers over price them.

Mines not wireless, but I have the one central boiler sells. It tees into the line in the basement and has a digital readout. It came with a bunch of wire. I cut a hole in the wall and installed it right above my regular thermostat. Works great.

The easiest solution is to buy a wireless camera for $69-89 at Walmart. Mount the camera on velcro pointed at your temp gage on your outside unit. It plugs into the same outlet as your water pump on your CB. It transmits to a miniature monitor screen in your house and you have real time monitoring with no temp drop issues like you would have if you put the sensor on a pipe inside your house. It also displays the troubleshooting codes, damper open code or whatever is displayed on your gauge. Works like a charm. I've had one for 4 years now with zero problems.

Latest posts

Back