Wiring a Taco SR501. This should get me off the oil.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well I've been at this for awhile and camehttp://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/102-169.pdf across this for 50bucks. Now I just need to wire it up. AOD
SPDT relay. NC contacts for use when boiler commands the pump to run, NO contacts close to turn pump on when relay is energized by a wall switch/timer/whatever.

So I'm putting in a 2nd TT is wired to the SR501. Running a new line off the breaker to N H and then I'm lost. So I hope this will work. On thing to note is the pump goes through the the oil boiler to turn on the pump.

I think I got it??
3 would be white wire to Pump then 4 NO would be black wire to pump and then from oil boiler the old white and black wire to turn on pump would go White 5 and black 6NC

Then just run oil boiler TT at 65 and new TT at 75 and enjoy heating my house for free without the stupied oil boiler kicking in.

Last edited:
he figured it out...
well, it did'nt work right at first...........but then it fixed itself !!!!!!
i love it when that happens....

Far from it, the parts still sitting next to me.

what are you wireing it to? you need to know if what ever you are wiring is normally open or closed.

I don't know thats why I'm asking?

Perhaps a little explanation of the relay. A SPDT relay has 5 terminals, a common, normally open, normally closed, and 2 coil terminals. The wire from the W terminal of the TT goes to the coil. Power goes to the common. When the thermostat calls for heat, it energizes the coil and it switches the power from the normally closed terminal to the normally open one. So connect what need to be hot to get heat to the NO terminal.

Send an email to taco support. They were extremely helpfull when I was wiring up my SR501. You can contact them through their website.

Latest posts

Back