Wisconsin GTG September 19th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Your friends at ********** would like to invite you to a Get Together at the Roxbury Tavern at noon on September 19th. We are planning a trip out to a guy's woods that afternoon but not planning on any cutting competitions, etc. More of a laid back affair than you guys are used to but we would love to have you join us if you would like.

http://www.roxburytavern.com/

What sort of events are planned? Maybe some sort of a woodland management walk?

I really enjoyed the GTG at grandpatractors this spring, that was mostly chainsaw related, but I might consider coming down to learn a little bit on the other end of the saw as well...

BTW it looks like some awesome food at the tavern.

It's funny you should bring that up. I actually just got a note from the owner of the woods and he would love to have some input on woodlands management.

Any experts (or at least someone who knows an ash from a walnut :)) around who would like to share some wisdom?

Only two hours away, and good eats.

Hope the attendees from here put some photos and commentary up for the rest of us. Sounds like a good time.

We're converting our woods from 35yrold ash/elms/silver maple/buckthorn over to Sugar Maple/walnut/oak/ash/mulberry/cherry. Could probably pick some tips up, or maybe share some.

I'm already committed to another function though.

Last edited:
That sure looks like It would be a good time, But I already have prior commitments. If this would have been posted a few weeks ago I would have been able to go. Where exactly is sauk city.

Beefie

The bar is about 20 minutes NW of Madison.

Only an hour and 20 minutes. Well, I'll keep you guys in mind while I judge homebrews, and grilled meat.

7300 is like a mug of beer with too much head, I'll hold out for the whole deal...7900. :)

Only an hour and 20 minutes. Well, I'll keep you guys in mind while I judge homebrews, and grilled meat.
)

Lake Louie beer (on tap at the Roxbury Tavern) is part of the reason I temporarily stopped home brewing after more than ten years. Along with Ale Asylum Belgium beers brewed in Madison, I can't do better.

I've got the woodlot near the Roxbury Tavern for this get-together. It's 12 acres of a south-facing hillside--mixed hickory, oak, and assorted others. I bought it a few years ago for a homesite. Due to the housing market, the new house is under long-term postponement. Currently, the woods supplies my heat in the winter, and a place to hide when I don't want to be found (wife can't reach me on the cell phone out there).

Would love to see anyone from this forum make the get-together. Wood management advice is welcomed, but this will be mostly a social gathering without an agenda. We expect a number of people from **********--mostly woodburners and perhaps a stove installer or two.

John

Bet I know where you can get a few 7900's from.............................:):)

Temptress.....enabler......:chainsaw:

5100 first

.Northwinds..
Hmmm....better than homebrew, huh?
I'm sure you'll get plenty of folks to help you clear unwanted wood from your 12acres.

It would be fun to attend a GTG down there, but I can't make it. I am scheduled to be in the Ozarks at that time. GTG's are always a good time. It's fun to talk saws with other people that have CAD.
I went to a truck pull last night and was making small talk with the guy that happened to be sitting next to me. Found out he has 3 460 stihls and his nephew has been telling him he needs some 7900's. Imagine that!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back