Wish i'd known about poplar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shokidq

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
having read some of the posts regarding poplar as a firewood I wish i'd looked before taking on this clearup job 100-150 tons of hybrid poplar intended towards next years supply. guess it will have to join the cherry, Lime & sycamore stack. some pics of this morning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Around here people buy Poplar and Cottonwood for paper pulp. I see log truck loads every morning on my way to work coming from the hybrid fields in and around Whatcom County.

If you know of any paper mills I'd contact them.

Poplar

Poplar isnt bad wood to burn, it just burns really hot and fast, it is good as a filler wood, mixed with hardwoods. Cant complain if the price is righ (free is for me)

Poplar isnt bad wood to burn, it just burns really hot and fast, it is good as a filler wood, mixed with hardwoods. Cant complain if the price is righ (free is for me)

thats good news as the quantity I've got is worth 10-15,000 GBP once it's split I keep the oak, beech & ash seperate and most other hardwoods go in a mixed stack so it should be Ok.

Latest posts

Back