New to the forum, but not new to saws, personal intro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skids-stihls

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have finally managed to join up to a site where others with good experience and learned from bad ones are here.

I’m not a newb to saws, currently owning MS270 (for my wife) MS660 and MS880,
I used to do firewood full time, until an exertion away for another business idea. However, running myself over with a 2Ton 4X4 meant that it wasn’t going to continue working like that.

All of my above mentioned saws check out as 2009 assembled, but I only did a few years of firewood after getting them before the other business exertion/(opportunity) came up.

Anyway the other didn’t turn out so good, but I’ve still got my Stihls.

Anyway that’s about my introduction, I’ve been working on the saws (mechanically) lately and there is always some answers not found online, so I’ll get to posting about those soon enough.

I’m mostly just maintaining and the odd time on the saw for big jobs that my family need help with. Dropped 3 trees with th 880 a couple of months ago and my back said that I had best not do any more.
I can still swing a smaller saw for a bit longer, but still a few years away from 40, I didn’t think I’d already be struggling with pull starting the 880 that the young me thought was a great idea to buy🫣.

Again. Not a newb to saws, done tons of wood for years, made an Alaskan mill to fit the small bar (42”) for the 880 and has another slot for the real bar (72”).

Wish I could give them all more use, but at this rate they will last me for my lifetime and then have them to pass on to my 3 boys lol.

Anywho, I’ll wrap this up, and I’m not great at email checking so no one feel that I’m ignoring their comment, just haven’t got back yet.

Work safe out there guys. 👍

Regards
Hayden

Latest posts

Back