WM LT15 Wide..?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I get flyers from timberking and took a comparative look at wood mizer. Does anyone have experience with the wide cut version of the LT-15? It is tempting at the cut width of almost three feet and the difference in cost with the timberking same width of cut similar hp motor.
Glad to hear anyone's experience with the wide unit. Now to read about the standard lt-15
Stay safe and enjoy

I get flyers from timberking and took a comparative look at wood mizer. Does anyone have experience with the wide cut version of the LT-15? It is tempting at the cut width of almost three feet and the difference in cost with the timberking same width of cut similar hp motor.
Glad to hear anyone's experience with the wide unit. Now to read about the standard lt-15
Stay safe and enjoy
I don't own a mill(yet) but I got a real good look at some at a local show last year. Woodmizer had about 6 or 7 and I believe Hudson had a few on display. In my personal opinion, I think cut width would be at the top of my list of deciding factors. I'd want as much as I could get. I know you have all the CSM equipment but it would certainly be easier on a band saw mill.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I don't own a mill(yet) but I got a real good look at some at a local show last year. Woodmizer had about 6 or 7 and I believe Hudson had a few on display. In my personal opinion, I think cut width would be at the top of my list of deciding factors. I'd want as much as I could get. I know you have all the CSM equipment but it would certainly be easier on a band saw mill.

Easier is relative. A trailer to bring the logs to the mill, or a mill on the trailer to go the other way and then transport the slabs. At this point I'm just in fantasy land without the funds to pay for the other equipment to feed the mill. A heavier vehicle to have the ability to move the materials whichever way it wood be done. CSM can be taken places the mill won't go and has been placed on and around the slabs in the back of my minivan. So til I have a market to pay for the loan(s) and leave a bit in my pocket, I am researching to find what will work best.
Stay safe and enjoy folks

Easier is relative. A trailer to bring the logs to the mill, or a mill on the trailer to go the other way and then transport the slabs. At this point I'm just in fantasy land without the funds to pay for the other equipment to feed the mill. A heavier vehicle to have the ability to move the materials whichever way it wood be done. CSM can be taken places the mill won't go and has been placed on and around the slabs in the back of my minivan. So til I have a market to pay for the loan(s) and leave a bit in my pocket, I am researching to find what will work best.
Stay safe and enjoy folks
I spoke a little with WM and TK reps a few months ago. Both companies seem to have a very good reputation for customer satisfaction. I believe they can help you find a local owner near you. It might be worth looking into. I certainly understand what you mean about the support equipment. The more I work at my buddy's mill, the more I want a fully hydraulic. If only my wallet could keep up with my wants.

Turning big logs on a manual mill doesn't have to be hard, it's just slow... Norwood offers a manual log turner on their mill and mine works great.

standard.jpg

I'm sorry to say, Woodmizer seems to be having quality control problems, unless they have got them straightened out, here lately?

SR

Back