Woe is me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernurse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I have to say that this holiday season has been one of the worst I can remember. It all started by me smashing my Subaru WRX....16k worth of damage but not totaled. That was 2 days before xmas.....Merry FN xmas to Andy. Then 2 days later while im at work my 2 year old dog Duke the Doberman gets hit by a gashole and his frackwater truck. My wife and kids watch it happen and the foul bastard didn't even have the decency to stop and help my 100lb wife move a 100lb dog from the road. I get home and my 8 year old daughter has a note written on a piece of paper that read Dukey, Im sorry me and Isabella (my 3y/o) didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Daddy will burn this letter in the fireplace so you can read it in heaven. My line of work makes me fairly callous but this choked me up. Then 2 weeks later when im wallowing in my misery and feeling sorry for myself. My wife of 16 years tells me shes pregnant with my fourth child. So now it's 3 daughters 3,8, 16 and another unknown on the way. At least a great start to 2014.

Pets come and go (don't mean to sound callous, but we've lost several in the last four years). Get the kids another dog and they will be happy.

It sounds like you are doing a tremendous job with your kids.

You touch people everyday in you line of work...in life and death situations.

After three, it looks like you and the wifey would have figured out what is causing her to bloat up...congrats...hope the insurance is paid up...maybe you'll get a boy this time!

As murph stated, a new dog will really ease the pain for the kids and yourself. You have chosen a noble profession my friend and you bring comfort and healing to many. May you receive the same comfort and healing you so willingly share with others.

My son (I hope you get one) asked me one time, so why can't we get another dog? I said it was because having to put our old dog down ripped the heart right out of my chest, and I didn't want to open a door that may lead to that ever happening again. Eventually, we got a new puppy, and from the second he was ours, I knew that I had waited too long for that moment, and for a really bad reason. I hope you can find a new dog for your family very soon. Also hope the frackers get to smoke a turd in Hel!. Same for the crooked politicians that gave them free reign to foul our pristine woods and waters. No tellin' what your son will ask you, just make sure you have the right answer and don't blink, they grow up fast. DW

I get home and my 8 year old daughter has a note written on a piece of paper that read Dukey, Im sorry me and Isabella (my 3y/o) didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Daddy will burn this letter in the fireplace so you can read it in heaven. My line of work makes me fairly callous but this choked me up.

My God, man. I could see one of my twins doing the same thing and I woulda lost it too. So sorry, brother. Losing a pet is losing a member of the family. Irreplaceable. Dogs are people too, in my house. And that was a really awful way to go down......... Prayers sent.

Well I have to say that this holiday season has been one of the worst I can remember. It all started by me smashing my Subaru WRX....16k worth of damage but not totaled. That was 2 days before xmas.....Merry FN xmas to Andy. Then 2 days later while im at work my 2 year old dog Duke the Doberman gets hit by a gashole and his frackwater truck. My wife and kids watch it happen and the foul bastard didn't even have the decency to stop and help my 100lb wife move a 100lb dog from the road. I get home and my 8 year old daughter has a note written on a piece of paper that read Dukey, Im sorry me and Isabella (my 3y/o) didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Daddy will burn this letter in the fireplace so you can read it in heaven. My line of work makes me fairly callous but this choked me up. Then 2 weeks later when im wallowing in my misery and feeling sorry for myself. My wife of 16 years tells me shes pregnant with my fourth child. So now it's 3 daughters 3,8, 16 and another unknown on the way. At least a great start to 2014.

Life in the fastlane! To brighten your day I suggest you do a search on FMLife and read a few pages of those mostly idiots miseries. My holidays were made happy and bright by a present I received Christmas Eve, a seventy thousand dollar plus bill for fifteen minutes in surgery. Shoulda did like I teased them I was gonna do, buy batteries on e-bay and change them myself!

Hu

My God, man. I could see one of my twins doing the same thing and I woulda lost it too. So sorry, brother. Losing a pet is losing a member of the family. Irreplaceable. Dogs are people too, in my house. And that was a really awful way to go down......... Prayers sent.
Life in the fastlane! To brighten your day I suggest you do a search on FMLife and read a few pages of those mostly idiots miseries. My holidays were made happy and bright by a present I received Christmas Eve, a seventy thousand dollar plus bill for fifteen minutes in surgery. Shoulda did like I teased them I was gonna do, buy batteries on e-bay and change them myself!

Hu
Wow what did you have done....Im actually a recovery room nurse now. Thanks everyone for your kind words....yes there is always someone worse off than you....It's just human nature to believe that ones own problems are by far the worst possible.

Wow what did you have done....Im actually a recovery room nurse now. Thanks everyone for your kind words....yes there is always someone worse off than you....It's just human nature to believe that ones own problems are by far the worst possible.

No big deal on the surgery, the same folks that make pacemakers make a gizmo to block some of the pain in your back. Seemed stupid to put my controller and battery pack in my hip where I would be sitting or have belt and wallet issues plus I wanted to be able to access it with the remote without looking like I was grabbing my ass so mine is in front, a few inches from my belly button. It isn't a quarter inch deep, I really could have changed the thing myself if I could lay hands on the replacement unit. The closing was the sloppiest I have ever seen not excluding the work done by my large animal vets, think I could have done that better too.

Insurance will cover most of that seventy thousand, not a big deal, but I'll be in hock this year, maybe next too. I just felt like it was a crappy thing to do to mail a bill when they did. They coulda waited till after the first! Might be time for the hat line again. Back many years ago money was very tight and I was having a hard time paying bills. Some fell a month late but I was rotating through them and getting them all paid before they were ridiculously late. Some people had more aggressive collecting policies than others and thought they would get their money quicker by calling me and chewing on my butt.

I told them that every month I got out my check book and all my bills and put the bills in a hat. I drew out bills at random and paid them until I ran out of money. Then I told them one more ugly phone call and I wasn't putting their bill in the hat! An old joke but interesting reactions when you really tell somebody that. Haven't called to negotiate on the medical bill payments yet but on the plus side my brother did give me a new hat for my birthday in November. Might be that time again . . . :D

Hu

At least your family is healthy, you have a source of income and a roof over your head. Be thankful for the little that you have. It could get worst extremely fast.

Yep- be real thankful. I just found out one of my neighbors, a sweet woman who is only 52 and does Meals on Wheels and other volunteer work, has less two months to live due to metastisized Pancreatic cancer.

CONGRATS ON NEW ONE ON THE WAY!!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DOG! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME GREAT KIDS!!!

Yep- be real thankful. I just found out one of my neighbors, a sweet woman who is only 52 and does Meals on Wheels and other volunteer work, has less two months to live due to metastisized Pancreatic cancer.
I am truly happy with the health of my family. That is truly terrible...unfortunately I have to deal with situations like that at least on a weekly basis. I recovery people who have had a whipples procedure. It is modern medicines best attempt to surgically treat pancreatic cancer. It is a huge invasive surgery that doesn't usually buy people more than a few weeks.

No big deal on the surgery, the same folks that make pacemakers make a gizmo to block some of the pain in your back. Seemed stupid to put my controller and battery pack in my hip where I would be sitting or have belt and wallet issues plus I wanted to be able to access it with the remote without looking like I was grabbing my ass so mine is in front, a few inches from my belly button. It isn't a quarter inch deep, I really could have changed the thing myself if I could lay hands on the replacement unit. The closing was the sloppiest I have ever seen not excluding the work done by my large animal vets, think I could have done that better too.

Insurance will cover most of that seventy thousand, not a big deal, but I'll be in hock this year, maybe next too. I just felt like it was a crappy thing to do to mail a bill when they did. They coulda waited till after the first! Might be time for the hat line again. Back many years ago money was very tight and I was having a hard time paying bills. Some fell a month late but I was rotating through them and getting them all paid before they were ridiculously late. Some people had more aggressive collecting policies than others and thought they would get their money quicker by calling me and chewing on my butt.

I told them that every month I got out my check book and all my bills and put the bills in a hat. I drew out bills at random and paid them until I ran out of money. Then I told them one more ugly phone call and I wasn't putting their bill in the hat! An old joke but interesting reactions when you really tell somebody that. Haven't called to negotiate on the medical bill payments yet but on the plus side my brother did give me a new hat for my birthday in November. Might be that time again . . . :D

Hu
The cost of healthcare is truly out of control.

Sounds like you been a busy man! :rolleyes:(with pun intended) I opted for a visctomy after our twin girls to make 3 girls. Its really not that bad.

Latest posts

Back