Wood always seems to find me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today at work I was checking out a check engine light on a ford we just sold and was talking the the new owner whose a real good guy.Turned out he used to drive truck and is retired now and I drove for 13 years and he originally was from Texas and I know Texas well so we got along good.We took a test drive and there was a small pile of wood with a free sign and I said I would be back for that because I burn.He said an elderly friend of his has 5-6 large oaks 40 feet long that fell in the tornado and needs to get rid so he hooked me up.Things just seem to work out and I don't know why.:msp_biggrin:

Neighbors helping neighbors and exchanging firewood to boot. :)
One of my neighbors owns a tree services, he drops wood off for me, I have a computer degree, help him with his computer stuff when needed. :) It is a win win for everybody. :blob2:

Neighbors helping neighbors and exchanging firewood to boot. :)
One of my neighbors owns a tree services, he drops wood off for me, I have a computer degree, help him with his computer stuff when needed. :) It is a win win for everybody. :blob2:

Yes, I have guy that is dropping 15 or so trees down the street. I'm going to look at the trees tomorrow and load a cord or two..He's on my list for a nice watermelon from my garden.
As said above, respect for the people and property involved. make neat brush piles.

Saw some of the tornado damage last week driving through MA. Horrible destruction, not something I'm used to seeing...

I pulled eucalyptus out of a friend's property for three years to heat my house and friend's homes. There was a fire three years ago that took most of the trees, one of three homes and a lot of other things on his 47 acre lot. We pulled out 7 cords from one of the draws in the canyon that I cut and split with a friend in two days. He got 2 cords, I delivered 3 cords to a pastor at our church yesterday. I brought a cord home. I need to go back for another cord and I am set for the winter. I got two cords of oak from another friend who had a tree blow down last winter.

I went down there and pulled three cords out taht we bucked up for the family that owns the property. We split about 2 cords and left the rest for them to split. The owner of the property told me I can cut wood there any time I want. With the amount of trees still there I shoudl be able to heat my house for 5 years to come.

I have a source of fire wood about 5 miles closer too. Another friend has an acre of eucalyptus he wants to clear. He's not in a hurry and told me I can do it anytime I want.

I haven't paid for firewood other than fuel for me truck, saws and body for 10 years. Life it good, God has blessed me with good friends and neighbors.

Bob

Latest posts

Back