wood delivery, and story behind it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Okay, there is a customer up here. I have delivered to them before. They started out, years ago, as being pretty good. I delivered wood, and they paid.
There was one delivery that was a hassle, and then the next year. I delivered wood, and it took all the way to March of the next year to finally get paid.
Zig delivered to him since then, and he had nothing but problems getting paid
So, this year he and zig start going around and around to get wood delivered. Zig said he didn't want to do it, because the hassle of getting paid.
I kept hearing the stories about phone calls, texting, etc. I finally created the page I attached here.
Zig forwarded it to the customer. Who didn't like it much.
Well... sometimes the truth hurts.
I figured that is that. I get a call an hour ago. Zig wants to know if we can still get it on Friday... ROFL. Yeah.
He called back, and said that the money will be there on Friday. Zig said, no money, and we leave.
Evidently this shook up the customer enough...

No excuses!!! the house is worth a million, they drive NICE stuff. there is money there. Pay your wood guy!!!

Attachments

• arborist.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 8
Okay, there is a customer up here. I have delivered to them before. They started out, years ago, as being pretty good. I delivered wood, and they paid.
There was one delivery that was a hassle, and then the next year. I delivered wood, and it took all the way to March of the next year to finally get paid.
Zig delivered to him since then, and he had nothing but problems getting paid
So, this year he and zig start going around and around to get wood delivered. Zig said he didn't want to do it, because the hassle of getting paid.
I kept hearing the stories about phone calls, texting, etc. I finally created the page I attached here.
Zig forwarded it to the customer. Who didn't like it much.
Well... sometimes the truth hurts.
I figured that is that. I get a call an hour ago. Zig wants to know if we can still get it on Friday... ROFL. Yeah.
He called back, and said that the money will be there on Friday. Zig said, no money, and we leave.
Evidently this shook up the customer enough...

No excuses!!! the house is worth a million, they drive NICE stuff. there is money there. Pay your wood guy!!!

Seems pretty clear to me. You didn’t just drop them as a customer, you were clear in writing what was going on from your point of view and what you expected. Some people turn a simple transaction into a complicated mess I don’t know why.

Been down that road with a customer or 2 over the years, and these are not individuals but big corporations. Got down to the point of cash up front- no ticee/nowashee. As a little biz I have no clout, so that is the only option. Forget the courts there is no bite in the judgements. ( tried that route also).

Latest posts

Back