Wood Dr. Wood stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treedog54

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
WARNING Friend found 2 holes in his firebox.Stove has 9mo. burn time on it company won't go good on it .Junk ---and bull#### as far as I'm concerned. Probably steel from our Favorite Asian friends .Just my opinion BUT.

That's interesting, I have a neighbor about 2 miles from me, that use four of the wood doctors, he uses one for each poultry barn (broiler houses). He called me up last year knowing I have a portable welder asking me to weld up the cracked doors. The inside of the doors were cracked top to bottom and warped. After looking at the thin material, I told him I would sew them up, but it wouldn't hold with all the warping going on. I told him to order some 3/8
or 1/2" plate and I would cut it to fit and overlay the doors, he didn't want to spend the money. They are very spartan in their design and build. If the rest of the fire box is like the door I can easily understand it. He goes through 3 bundles of slabs on an average day, but at 10.00 bucks a bundle it's cheaper than propane. His father looked at the Wood Doctor and went and bought a Woodmaster and has had good results.

original2_1.jpg

Here it says, "Made of new north american steel". Supposed to be 1/4"boiler plate with 30 year warranty. Why wont they warranty it? Is this the one?

Latest posts

Back