Wood furnace circulation fans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggo_2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As we all know the circulation fans on the cheaper wood furnaces (hot blast, norseman) are kinda crappy, I just put another band-aid on one of mine. It seems the bushings are the problem. Does anybody have a better solution to the problem, like, Replacement bushings. Ive thought about mounting a better quality fan but im not really sure what size i should have. If anybody else has done this please let me know what size a fan you are using and how its working for you. Otherwise if anybody has any extra fans from a wood furnace they junked i would be a buyer at the right price.

Thanks Justin

As we all know the circulation fans on the cheaper wood furnaces (hot blast, norseman) are kinda crappy, I just put another band-aid on one of mine. It seems the bushings are the problem. Does anybody have a better solution to the problem, like, Replacement bushings. Ive thought about mounting a better quality fan but im not really sure what size i should have. If anybody else has done this please let me know what size a fan you are using and how its working for you. Otherwise if anybody has any extra fans from a wood furnace they junked i would be a buyer at the right price.

Thanks Justin
i got so fed up with buying those junk, over priced, piece of gomer, chinese blowers, i did this (see pic). air outlet measures 9.5" wide x 11.5" tall. sticks out around 16". bought it off craigslist for $20. much quieter, much better airflow out the registers upstairs. :hmm3grin2orange:

I did the same thing with my Hotblast, yard sale old furnace fan and some tinwork. There is pictures on " My Firewood Tools" thread.
v-ridge, how does the hot water coil work for you? Is it worth it? I've been thinking about hooking one up but lazy right now.

I did the same thing with my Hotblast, yard sale old furnace fan and some tinwork. There is pictures on " My Firewood Tools" thread.
v-ridge, how does the hot water coil work for you? Is it worth it? I've been thinking about hooking one up but lazy right now.

i'd say the loop just supplements the water heater. makes for a real hot shower if your the first one. but over all i'm happy with it.

Kinnda what I thought, I was just gonna use it to heat a pretank anyway. The Hotblast gives us way too much heat during the day or when it's warmer out so I thought I could "rob" some heat from it. It's in the basement and I'm too lazy to run up and down the stairs so we just throw enough in it to keep the fire going and it's still too hot.

Kinnda what I thought, I was just gonna use it to heat a pretank anyway. The Hotblast gives us way too much heat during the day or when it's warmer out so I thought I could "rob" some heat from it. It's in the basement and I'm too lazy to run up and down the stairs so we just throw enough in it to keep the fire going and it's still too hot.

i can't notice it stealing any heat really. mine is in the basement also, and it gets so hot upstairs sometimes we have to open the windows to cool it off a bit. heating about 1500sq feet, with not a real big fire going.

i have a fan out of a old furnace but it doesnt seem like it will move enough air. So thats why im wondering if there is a certain hp i should look for? im no stranger to sheet metal work so it just comes down to finding the right fan to use.

i have a fan out of a old furnace but it doesnt seem like it will move enough air. So thats why im wondering if there is a certain hp i should look for? im no stranger to sheet metal work so it just comes down to finding the right fan to use.

sorry it took me so long to reply back. just looked and this on has a 1/3 hp motor. i have it wired on the medium speed. i believe mine pushes more air now, because it will now wiggle the curtains in the far end of the house.

Back