wood id please

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 83629

it is dense and has a yellow grain along with being yellow inside i had a brain fart and can't remember what it is. it produces nice yellow noodles.
20151018_143851.jpg 20151018_143903.jpg 20151018_143913.jpg 20151018_143932.jpg

+1 on mulberry.
wonderful woodstove firewood with very high btu.
No so good for open fireplace since mulberry loves to snap and pop and even put on a cool fireworks display now and then.

plenty of it around here wish i could find some hedge.

Only hedge, the hickories(bitternut and shagbark), some fruitwoods and the locusts(black and honey), as well as a few other odd ones are better than mulberry. I had some ready for last year, and had to be mix it with other woods to keep from overheating the stove! Great stuff!

Mulberry for sure. Great firewood. I have cut about 15 cords of it and had to throw it in my "mixed" hardwood because I can't market it. Everyone around here is programmed to think oak is firewood king. Wish I could sell it for what it's actually worth.

Yet another vote for mulberry. Some say it's a second cousin to hedge (osage orange). Snap, crackle, and pop. Throws sparks like a champion. Splits easily when green. Rather good rot resistance. Has been known to burn the bottom out of a cheap wood stove.

doesn't bother my stove because it is made to burn either coal or wood.

Back