Wood Processors worth the money?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely they aren't making those side splitters to resplit after the main splitter? That would make it a 3 man machine. Looks like the plan is to use it for big diameter but short logs? Log deck looks short, Tree service wood maybe? Need wide load permit to get it to it's resting site and I hope that axle is heavier than it looks. Maybe just for building it? Hopefully you can get more pictures later because I have questions.

Surely they aren't making those side splitters to resplit after the main splitter? That would make it a 3 man machine. Looks like the plan is to use it for big diameter but short logs? Log deck looks short, Tree service wood maybe? Need wide load permit to get it to it's resting site and I hope that axle is heavier than it looks. Maybe just for building it? Hopefully you can get more pictures later because I have questions.
We rented a Brute Force 18-24 this winter to run all of our wood through for the season. We did about 175 cords in 2 months. Josh was telling me about that processor when we picked up our rental. The two splitters on the side are for re-splits. This guys customers likes there wood small and consistent. So after it goes through the processor the two guys by the splitters will do quality control and re split anything that doesn't meet their criteria for a sellable product. We did the same thing when processing this winter. Our customers like there wood smaller as well. We backed up our power split to the trough after the wedge and anything that was to big we threw out of the trough and then re-split on the powersplit right away. We have our decision narrowed down to a Brute Force 18-24 Diesel, or a Multi-Tek 1620SS. IMG_5260.JPGIMG_5244.JPGIMG_5242X.JPGIMG_5241D.JPG

We rented a Brute Force 18-24 this winter to run all of our wood through for the season. We did about 175 cords in 2 months. Josh was telling me about that processor when we picked up our rental. The two splitters on the side are for re-splits. This guys customers likes there wood small and consistent. So after it goes through the processor the two guys by the splitters will do quality control and re split anything that doesn't meet their criteria for a sellable product. We did the same thing when processing this winter. Our customers like there wood smaller as well. We backed up our power split to the trough after the wedge and anything that was to big we threw out of the trough and then re-split on the powersplit right away. We have our decision narrowed down to a Brute Force 18-24 Diesel, or a Multi-Tek 1620SS. View attachment 916169View attachment 916170View attachment 916171View attachment 916172

We have one of those powersplit units as well
Works well

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Well somehow I missed the part that it was Brute Force building this machine. That changes things, they know what they are doing and build good stuff. I'll be watching for updates for sure.
I have a 4 way and a 6 way for my Wallenstein processor. I "control" the size of my splits by loading the proper size logs on the deck for the split size I want out of it. Bigger logs get the 6 way and smaller ones get the 4 way. The even bigger logs go onto my big splitter and used in my OWB. Bigger logs than that go on my Bandmill. I cut my logs to 13'2" so the size is pretty consistent.

We have one of these also

f3c6cf0b1d8643bf5bf238980357d818.jpg

763a00146333f8e6337d6e659787e118.jpg

Will split a 50in x10ft log

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

So do you split the big logs and then run them through a small log processor?

Yes sir
Processor will take a 22in diameter log anything larger gets 1/4ered with the monster splitter then run thru the processor

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Latest posts

Back