Wood splitter pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonestacker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
here are some pics of my home made splitter so far. also what type of rubber hose should i get for the suction side of the pump? Thanks Bill.

nice looking job there buddy..........

the pump looks like a 2 stage,,, 1 inch intake, so, get a 1 inch feed hose, remember, a pump should not have to suck.................
a simple double braid hose should suffice.......

suction hose

here are some pics of my home made splitter so far. also what type of rubber hose should i get for the suction side of the pump? Thanks Bill.

northern tool has it,. best buy I think,.Id use 1 1/4 in,.. they have the fittings,.hose clamps too,.. Eric

stonestacker ,
The splitters is looking good. Is the engine in it's final location? I assume the hydraulic tank will be opposite the engine. In that case will the exhaust be directed at the cylinder and tank.
The hose should be a hose designed for suction but for the smaller diameter that matches your pump regular hydraulic hose will work.

Real nice job. I'm curious about the wedge. Looks like a one stage wedge. How well does that work over a 2 stage wedge?

Lookin good! Mine's gonna be yellow too! When I'm done tweakin :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice clean looking build! The color is cool too. Are you going to put a log lift on it?

Good Job !!

That is one fine looking splitter..... Love the color.... Looks like a decent height, I think you made a real good one !!!

Last edited:
Paint, I always forget the paint. Damit, Nice color choice. I like the diamond plate on the push block too.:cheers:

Almost there! my cylinder will be in fri, cant wait to fire it up and split a log.
still kicking around the idea of building a lift for it, and i still have to weld a cradle on the I beam to help hold the log in place.

Back