wood stove or forced air heater for garage?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There in lies the problem with the EPA...they are out of control on a lot of "issues".

Don't get me wrong, I like clean air, water, etc. but the EPA has lost touch with what it needs to put its hands on and what it needs to keep it's dirty government fingers off.
I do not disagree with your analysis. Now, do you want to pay the fines for violating their directives? That is why I posted here.

I heard a ton of jawjacking about the new law prior to the new year, when I was at Menards the other day for my weekly trip, I saw they still had a Daka and a Shelter on the shelf. Neither is an EPA Certified Furnace. I should go in there and tell them that they are comiting a Felony and offer to buy them both for scrap price and point out what a shame it would be for someone to get the cops involved. Wink Wink

They are - pallet racking- min. 48" deep in certain parts of the store not your everyday grocery store gondolas although other sections use those also.

Local stores here still sell regular "smoke dragon" under $1000 stoves. Alaska tends to give the middle finger to .gov bullcrap though.

I hear all this about the EPA.However there are ways around it.I have seen numerous old stoves in gardens or yards as decorative ornaments.A person could close the doors on the stove and secure the doors with a bolt on bracket.Thus rendering the stove unusable and sell it as yard art.You could also fill it full of sand or dirt and call it a planter. Remove the doors and sell it as scrap.2 piles of scrap one with the stove one with the doors.

The person buying the stove could use it as scrap,yard art or bring it back to life.I am an auctioneer I get stoves all the time to sell.I am going to have to check into the legalities of selling them as scrap or yard art.It may be as simple as removing the doors,or bolting a cap to the stove pipe.Or I may find that it is impossible to sell.I can not imagine a stove used as a planter would upset the EPA.But then what do I know,but I will find out.

As an Aussie, why do insurance companies refuse to insure houses with wood stoves in USA?
Do you have a lot of house fires caused by stoves?
In Oz, we have very strict regulations on wood fire installation, ie, how far from a wall, and triple tube chimney where it goes through the roof. I can't recall a single instance where a house fire was blamed on a wood burning heater. Plenty on gas or electric fires, electrical overloads, kitchen fires.

Back