Wood stove research... which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my AC died today, second day I had it on this season. That lump of inert copper and wiring on the pad outside my window might be my wood stove. :cry: :cry: It's 12 years old. I hope it's just unconscious and not dead.

Ian

I HATE A/C problems. They are expensive to repair.

BTW, we bought a soapstone stove 3 years ago and man do we ever like it.!!!! Great stove, easy on wood, heat is even and strong. It's our only source of heat for the winter as we refuse to fire up the NG central unit and pay almost $400 per month for natural gas!!!! I get firewood for free from trees already down and besides.....I like slingin' a chainsaw and watchin' the chips fly. :)

I just came up with a decent source for firewood only a 3 mile drive down the road too.... LOL... might be selling firewood to offset propane again this year.

Ian

Well, the A/C has put the stove purchase off again. The HVAC guy came over and found one of the wires burned off at the compressor. The contacts were fairly corroded so I figured (hoped) that the corrosion caused the high amps, so we cleaned up the remaining contacts and re-termed the one that was burned. It cranked up and ran fine, pressures were good and it was well within the rated amperage draw. We had about 4 hours of nice cold air and the compressor itself burned up with a poof and a flash. Must have been something intermittent that caused the compressor to overload.

Oh well.. I guess Haywood's Firewood is still in business this season. I'll be selling firewood to pay for propane instead of sitting in front of a nice warm stove :cry: . At least the price of firewood is going up. That's some consolation.

Ian

Back