wood thief update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like once the log got cooking enough to light off the charge, there wouldn't be enough resistance to contain the gasses and make the "boom."

When you burn pistol and rifle powders in free air, they just flare up and make a bunch of smoke.

Interesting experiment - I should try it with some old unique I don't need.

Seems like once the log got cooking enough to light off the charge, there wouldn't be enough resistance to contain the gasses and make the "boom."

When you burn pistol and rifle powders in free air, they just flare up and make a bunch of smoke.

Interesting experiment - I should try it with some old unique I don't need.

put it in a presure vessel

Had a buddy back in Ireland that was loosing "Peat" to a thief... He put shotgun shells in a few pieces and shortly there after figured it was a neibhour three doors away who was the guilty person:rock:

I heard even uncured, they produce higher BTUs than Oak.
But the smell is unbearable and produce too much creosote on the pipe.
Some have a remant of alcohol, some have a hint of marijuana, but most really reek of meth.

Just booby trap a log or two with some dog doo doo. Smear it on there good, cover it with some sand or leaves or whatever to hide it. Nice nasty smelly stuff. Even some on the ground around the woodpile. Let them enjoy that for a little while...

Graphite grease is another good one. Gets on everything and don't come off all that easily. 2 part epoxy but only use one part, either hardener or resins, stays all gooey and sticky, not that easy to get off...

Use you imagination for some "non harmfull" ways to get em. Believe me I would love to torture the sonofaditches, but, that is just gonna get ya into trouble. KD

12 gauge pump works well here :msp_smile: ...

Something about that Pump sound.... anyone knows that sound whether you are a gun guy or not... I keep one right by the bed, but there is one in the chamber so unsuspecting people don't get the luxury of hearing the chz-chz pump sound

Latest posts

Back