Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 2 G660s during the scamdemic, as I couldn't get 2 661s. put ones as my CSM saw and the other on my Lewis winch, but I did buy them thru a Wagner that is a dealer for $350 ea. and they claim, they go over them and test run them to make sure they run. and I ain't had any issues with em yet, other than throttle linkage sticking as I go too long on cleanings, so saw dust jams in there.
Gosh, sounds like you never ended up at a hospital during the ā€œscamdemicā€. When I got sick, I guess I was just being scammed?!

Merchants have always passed the cost on, just like they do with every single penny of every single other cost they incur to do business.
I pay all my bills online and use a CC. Bank gives points for using it and I pay off the balance every week. I just got a free table saw for paying my bills which I have to do anyways.

Gosh, sounds like you never ended up at a hospital during the ā€œscamdemicā€. When I got sick, I guess I was just being scammed?!
I had it twice, very asthmatic, I could hardly breath, I felt like a 500 #er would trying to run a marathon, just walking up 5 steps, can't taste garlic really, Dr Pepper still tastes flat, and I can't smell skunks that have been freshly hit in the road when you drive by em. The "scamdemic" part is, they didn't need to shut down the country, and if they hadn't been trying to play God, by creating it in the first place, then you wouldn't have had to be hospitalized. šŸ¤·

Sorry to hear of your frustrations! The only acceptable parts from aftermarket Chinese suppliers, Iā€™ve found, are carburetor kits.

They have proven to be as reliable as OEM in the year and a half iā€™ve been testing them.
Pretty well on the money there, most of the other replacement parts are total ****, also a customer of mine bought a new g372 and had a warranty problem they just kept ****ing him around and then they would not not answer him anymore, not worth buying saws from them.

China saws are nothing more than a calculated risk. Is it worth the risk to buy one at 200-300 dollars that may or may not work or spend 1600 dollars for a guaranteed one? Idk depends on the person I suppose.

20240523_172543.jpg

In this photo the one on the left has over 4 years on it and still running stronger than ever and I haven't had to touch to backs ups yet. The cost for all of those saws is about 1/3 the price of a new Stihl.

Aren't "genuine" Stihl saws made in China, or at least largely from parts made in China?

If not, they must be one of the only consumer products on the planet that isn't...

Seriously, what IS still made in the USA, besides software, Mean Tweets and new pronouns?
No, they are not. About the only thing made in China on a Stihl pro saw is maybe the Zama carb.
Plenty of stuff is still made in the USA.

Thats interesting that anything that needs to be smelted and manufactured are sent to less developed countries. I guess with the supply chain problems we had and still have to some degree we didnt learn a damn thing. This is what happens when NIMBY and oligarchy comes together. If the pollution is as bad as we are told thats a hell of an evil thing to do to those people over there. If its not thats a hell of an evil thing to take those jobs away from your own working people. One has to ask "Are we the baddies"

Thats interesting that anything that needs to be smelted and manufactured are sent to less developed countries. I guess with the supply chain problems we had and still have to some degree we didnt learn a damn thing. This is what happens when NIMBY and oligarchy comes together. If the pollution is as bad as we are told thats a hell of an evil thing to do to those people over there. If its not thats a hell of an evil thing to take those jobs away from your own working people. One has to ask "Are we the baddies"
Hell we even have metals from US mines smelted in Canada.

Aren't "genuine" Stihl saws made in China, or at least largely from parts made in China?

If not, they must be one of the only consumer products on the planet that isn't...

Seriously, what IS still made in the USA, besides software, Mean Tweets and new pronouns?
Here ya go Nokia tyres . IMG_8470.jpegI have been noticing more and more items even at Walmart that have Made in USA on the label . Just bought a new garden hose made here at Walmart.

Back