wood volume etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kiln dried firewood

I've just got finished reading The Backyard Lumberjack, great book by the way. Any way, there is a chapter about an experience working with a guy outside New York City. The guy delivered something like 30 ton of kiln dried wood a week to all sorts of people. The big seller I think is that kiln dried wood is cleaner and virtually bug free.It's also roughly twice the cost of traditionally dried wood. Point is, if you have the right area with customers with wood burners in the likes of condos, apartments,restaurants with wood ovens and such you may have a go at it. Just my two cents!

Where can I buy the book you mentioned? Many thanks for the good words Bdog, the main reason I want to sell by the kiln dried ton is simple consistency for wood volume weight and a ready for market product. when you have astacked cord you have a lot of airspace in the stack simply from the splitting and stacking so that space is part of the volume of a full cord and it adds up a lot.

Leon:cheers:

selling by weight sucks for a lot of reasons. it encourages the seller to not dry the wood.

however, a cord is a funny thing. i have calculated time and time again that 4 scoops of split firewood with my big blue bucket ends up being about 5 or 10 percent more then a stacked cord.

so, for my customers that measure figure out they are cheating me, adn the word spreads.

this dude gives me too much wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i like your kiln idea. i might steal it.

Back