wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And beer, whats your connection, if any ha ha

It's my enjoyment time.. I pick a dog and a saw and go enjoy the day. Lunch for the dog and I is in the truck.. Truth is. Some days the tree gets cut down and limbed and then the dog and i sleep the afternoon away on the bench seat in the truck. All i can say to all you guys with all your functions working good.. Enjoy each day as if the next day you can't continue.

I'm working on an algorithm to show that beer tastes quantitatively better whilst enjoyed sitting near one's wood burning appliance of choice.

I may need more data though.

Looks like this is on tap for weekend, along with some of my homebrew, as per norm:

brooklyn_black_chocolate_stout.jpg

I'm working on an algorithm to show that beer tastes quantitatively better whilst enjoyed sitting near one's wood burning appliance of choice.

I may need more data though.

Looks like this is on tap for weekend, along with some of my homebrew, as per norm:

brooklyn_black_chocolate_stout.jpg

Do you need a spoon for that one? Looks pretty thick.:msp_biggrin:

Well. as ol' Ben Franklin once wrote in a letter...
Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
...I figure that same rain "descends from heaven upon our" grain fields and hop yards, "there it enters the roots of the plants, "to be changed into" beer, which is also "a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."
The only connection I have between wood and beer is that I use the same arms to lift wood as I do lift beer... other than that...
Heck, I can be miles and miles from any sort of wood and still enjoy beer. :msp_biggrin:

If I drink enough today to get a buzz, I pay for it tomorrow.

That's be cause you're out of practice! :msp_w00t:

Really though, I know exactly what you're talking about. I still drink as often as I ever did, but not near as much when I do... the older I get, the longer the "healing" process the next day if I over-do-it a bit.

The sooner you open the beer, the sooner you begin to enjoy your daily accomplishments, the sooner you are done and that leaves more wood to cut in the future. It's a win anyway you spin it. :clap:

They have both gotten me in trouble...usually when mixed.

I'm not a BIG drinker, but a nice cold one or two, sure does hit the spot after a day of cutting & making wood. Especially if it was a warm day and your cutting with a friend. To kinda discuss and enjoy the days accomplishments.;) These are the only pics I could come up with, with a beer/wood connection. LOL

4000Ash015.jpg

There is a MGD sittin on that wood at the back. Hard to see.

AshGTG017.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

I always have a couple at the end of day when the saws and the splitter are done running. I like to unload and stack at a leisurely pace while having them. Helps me wind down before going into the house full of women and drama!

Do you need a spoon for that one? Looks pretty thick.:msp_biggrin:

Fine, handcrafted American product. Can't wait for Smuttynose Big A IPA to come out. Just finished the last of my Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

And for anyone in the MA area, I'd high recommend Jack's Abbey. Newish brewery, all lagers. Yes, small scale production lagers and they're amazing.

Well. as ol' Ben Franklin once wrote in a letter...

...I figure that same rain "descends from heaven upon our" grain fields and hop yards, "there it enters the roots of the plants, "to be changed into" beer, which is also "a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."
The only connection I have between wood and beer is that I use the same arms to lift wood as I do lift beer... other than that...
Heck, I can be miles and miles from any sort of wood and still enjoy beer. :msp_biggrin:

Thanks for the quote, Whitespider. Would you mind sharing the source? Working in the beer business, as I do, I often see something similar attributed to BF, usually "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I was always dubious of the validity of that quote, but if you can point me to the real source and context, I'd be deeply grateful.

High Life? I just puked in my mouth, and I just finished lunch.

The lowest I go is PBR, but that was when MA enacted the alcohol tax. I'm back to Bud & Sammy's for the most part.

I do enjoy stacking and drinking a beer or two. Friday night, nice warm woodstove, sure I'll probably have a couple while watching a movie with the wife.

Thanks for the quote, Whitespider. Would you mind sharing the source? Working in the beer business, as I do, I often see something similar attributed to BF, usually "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I was always dubious of the validity of that quote, but if you can point me to the real source and context, I'd be deeply grateful.

What do you do in the beer business if you don't mind me asking and where in NJ?

Latest posts

Back