Woodchuck 5 in 1 tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dimensions would be great! I was drawing one up that was adjustable. The bottom shaft is made of 2 pcs of 1 1/2 x 3/16 bar stock, or 1 1/2 angle. There would have been a gap between the two pcs, and the hook arm would slide between them. The bottom shaft would have 4 holes in it for piviot points, and the hook would have 2 or 3 also. I was going to weld a couple pcs of black pipe on the back to use as sleeves, and a coupling, and then use a piece of 2" black pipe for the handle. It would slide down inside the sleeves, and thread into the coupling.

I was only planning on going up to about 24" as that's as much as I figured I could handle, but if it's beefy enough, I could always hook the winch on it from the ATV to get more power :)

Don't Go crazy and make it too complex last thing you wanna do is be fiddling while your out logging. Like I said it has hooked 6"-30" and is quite simple to build. I use my 4x4 on the real heavy ones and it hasn't broken yet "keep fingers crossed lol" 24" is borderline for one person to move. perhaps make removable feet that's all I would change. I'll get my tape out and take pics with tape next to it sometime tomorrow. By the way this is just an old fence post a bit of an off cut from a verandah I buit for the feet. And the claw is actually a lintel out of a 1890ish cottage some work was done on.

Yeah, I was trying to keep it simple, but I wanted something that would go to at least 24" and down to under 12" If yours will do that, then I don't have to worry about fiddling with all that. I'm cutting tops, mostly white oak, and the bases generally start out around 24". When I get a top limbed out, and get the medium size stuff cut off of it, one of these would be handy for finishing up the bigger pieces.

u

Thank you Philbert, that is the very tool I have. I have found it to be a very well made and useful addition to my wood cutting tools. I will be the first to admit, that with any multifunction tool none of the features work as well as a tool that was designed for a specific purpose. But I have found all features on this one to work pretty dang well,and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Back