Woodcutting Mt. Falls style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtfallsmikey

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been meaning to post these...this was from our 2 day wood extravaganza on Nov. 6-7.
Pic 1- Getting the pile started with my friend, Mr. Greenjean's incredible IH 574

Pic 2- Getting there...

Pic 3- Couldn't ask for better weather...low 50's, clear skies. This lot is about 1/4 mi. from the house, we were harvesting tops from a b&^ched up logging operation. 'Ol Blue parked on the left.

More...

Pic 1-(012)- another pic of the Cornbinder. Brought all the trees/tops down off of the hill with it.
Pic 2 (013)-Mr. Greenjeans taking a break.
Pic 3 (014) Mr. Greenjeans workin' it up with his 310

Same day at Mikey's house

Pic 1-My backyard, facing the outdoor kitchen
Pic 2 -side yard, facing West
Pic 3-Driveway

I feel truly blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Every day I try to give thanks to God and mom's side of the family for my land. it certainly was a beautiful fall this year.

Good stuff Mikey. It seems the more complicated the world gets the more I appreciate the simple things like the sights, sounds and smell of the woods. That's where I'm headed now.

Very cool - gotta love woods, tractors, and chainsaws.

that pug in your aviator is very cute - is it yours? We have one and she is great!

Stew

Cruzer:

Her name is Chouli (short for patchouli..wife named her), and we have a black male (fat!) by the name of Scooter. 2 years ago head 7 pups by them...they bought us a real nice fridge! I want to take a pic of both of them with some saws, use it as an avatar. Yes the white oak burns fabulous, but the chestnut oak seems to last longer....no snow yet, usually don't get too much until January, but...weathermen are calling for a possibility of "something" late this week,temps. tomorrow to be in the low 60's. Yes, the Shenandoah Valley is beautiful, but some of the pics that have been posted by our Alaskan brothers are truly stunning!

And as far as the farm use tag...can run it for a very limited distance on the road per Va. law. Ole Blue II is an 81 GMC, will probably wind up putting antique plates on it...need to mount the plow first!

I feel truly blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Every day I try to give thanks to God and mom's side of the family for my land. it certainly was a beautiful fall this year.

Amen! The colors were more vivid, and lasted longer than any time since I've been here.

Nice pics, neighbor! :cheers:

Nice place Mikey. Beautiful land and great autumn colors.

Down here everything either turns brown or stays green.

Latest posts

Back