Woodland Pro 2-Stroke oil for Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfMann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here uses the woodland pro two stroke oil in their milling saws? Seems a good bit cheaper than the husky/stihl oils, and from what I've been reading might be close to the same thing. Looks like there's a full synthetic option too? I know milling is rough on a saw so good oil is a must. Looking to see if anyone has first-hand experience with the stuff. Thanks guys.

Seems to be rated as Jaso FD so should be OK, don't know what ratio you're mixing but 32/40 to 1 should be OK with if required a carb tune suggest a whisker on rich side

Had to look into Jaso ratings, if I'm understanding right FD means high performance less smoke yeah? Any thoughts on dino vs synthetic? Again for a milling application. I've been using the Husky xp oil but feel like I'm paying more for the name than the product. Started milling with close to 32:1 switched over to 40:1 after reading some about the quality of today's oil vs oil of yesteryear. Haven't had any troubles with 40:1 but thinking about switching to 32:1 for that extra security.

Had to look into Jaso ratings, if I'm understanding right FD means high performance less smoke yeah? Any thoughts on dino vs synthetic? Again for a milling application. I've been using the Husky xp oil but feel like I'm paying more for the name than the product. Started milling with close to 32:1 switched over to 40:1 after reading some about the quality of today's oil vs oil of yesteryear. Haven't had any troubles with 40:1 but thinking about switching to 32:1 for that extra security.
I would use either semi or Synth oil Jaso FC/FD is the safety bench mark there are some good oils out there with no rating usually small company's that can't afford the huge ratification fee but you have to know the company specs choose a brand /type oil & read the specs In my part of the world ELF HTX976 or IPONE Samorai are the best but pricey we buy our oil from a small blending company no rating but we know whats in it

Thanks Little Al, appreciate all the advice, I'm gonna give the woodland pro a try, I'll post back here after using it for awhile.

Thank you Buzz Sawyer, that's the kind of first-hand experience I was hoping to hear. Is that the synthetic your running?

I've been using the Woodland Pro full synthetic for about 8 years at 50-1 and make about 20 cords of firewood every year and do a little milling and have been totally satisfied with no problems. I buy it by the case from Baileys.

Thanks Cat10Ken, I appreciate you guys who have been using it letting me know how it's been for you. I'm feeling more and more confident about making the switch from husky oil.

The Jaso ratings from what I gather have the same lubricity requirement for FB up through FD but I believe everything rated above FB has better detergents for reduced smoke and cleaner burn, I could be wrong but what have read. I have been using FB stuff for a while, just mix it at 32:1 to be safe. Its strange, Last time I checked Stihls regular oil is Rated FD but the fully synthetic is FB! I have also run craftsman fully synthetic 2t oil and found that works well and cheaper than Stihl oil.

Latest posts

Back