Woods Ported Dolmar 9010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I read somewhere on here that this saw was discontinued bc of failing to meet EPA Emmision Standards among other things..... just wondering if you noticed any more harmful fumes running that saw than any other saw?:potstir:

Dolmars are good saws, thanks for the newsflash.

I liked you stupid post, just so I could unlike it. :msp_mad:

Thought I read somewhere on here that this saw was discontinued bc of failing to meet EPA Emmision Standards among other things..... just wondering if you noticed any more harmful fumes running that saw than any other saw?:potstir:

Fumes? I dig e notic anny....

Ive always like the looks and aesthetics of the 9010. Major drawback is absolutely no representation in our area. There is one dealer out on Maynardville Highway that sells Dolmar but they dont have a single one in the store. I had gone to see a 7900 a couple years ago and basically you have to pay for the saw and they would order it. I wasnt about to spend that kind of money without having ever held it. Luckily a 6401 came down the pike on CL.

Randy, I would like to hear your perspective/ opinion on this saw based on your experience with 064, 066,390, 395s etc. Besides the Dolmar coming in at a lower price point.... what are your thoughts on the model compared to the others mentioned? :popcorn:

Ive always like the looks and aesthetics of the 9010. Major drawback is absolutely no representation in our area. There is one dealer out on Maynardville Highway that sells Dolmar but they dont have a single one in the store. I had gone to see a 7900 a couple years ago and basically you have to pay for the saw and they would order it. I wasnt about to spend that kind of money without having ever held it. Luckily a 6401 came down the pike on CL.

Randy, I would like to hear your perspective/ opinion on this saw based on your experience with 064, 066,390, 395s etc. Besides the Dolmar coming in at a lower price point.... what are your thoughts on the model compared to the others mentioned? :popcorn:

I've not really been able to run the 9010 enough to have an opinion on how it handles or really even how it performs in a work setting.

It's a well built machine.....with a dual port transfer configuration. I doubt it could ever perform like a 390 or 395, and seems to be just as heavy......

I've not really been able to run the 9010 enough to have an opinion on how it handles or really even how it performs in a work setting.

It's a well built machine.....with a dual port transfer configuration. I doubt it could ever perform like a 390 or 395, and seems to be just as heavy......

That doesn't stop anyone else on here. :D

Looks real good. Those saws are good runners. I just wish they were easier to find.

I know where there is a brand new one on the shelf for sale... I would have already bought it up but it's not blue! :msp_flapper:

I wish it was going to mine;):beer:
Keep wishing... It's blue and if you read my sig... All Makita's come to me!!! :msp_tongue:

Look in my garage ... it's going to Nathan in the next few days ....
We have some 9010 plans brewing here in Iowa for that 9010... (insert evil snicker here)

I wasn't discontinued. You can look on Aussie and German Ebays and they are still sold new there. They just had a USA embargo after not passing EPA emissions.

Dolmar runs there saws kinda funny. From the few dealers I've spoken with they allow you to order the saws and if you haven't sold them in 30 or 90 days (can't remember which) they make you pay for them. I think the Stihl and Husky Dealers supply the dealers knowing that having hands on time sells saws. But I could be completely wrong. Either way the smaller dealers don't have $10K to throw down on saws for a display if they don't sell in the short sell by window they have.

Not that you want my opinion but... I've run both ported and non-ported 395 and 066/660's and have obviously run my 9010 a lot more. I think stock vs stock the Dolmar/Makita has more torque than the 066/660 and about the same balance. It probably has something to do with the smaller bore and longer stroke (randy could give opinion here). When it comes to 395 vs 9010 I think the 395 wins in both balance and power stock vs stock. If you had a ported 9010 it would be more powerful but worse on balance so pick your evil. Also the weight is an issues as well. If I were looking at 90cc saws and buying new I would probably go for the husky then the dolmar and then the stihl... Just an opinion from a 9010 owner...

Stihl 066mag = 16.5lbs
Husky 395 = 17.4 lbs
Dolmar 9010 = 18.08 lbs

one might start to wonder what cylinders could be modded to fit the 9010 and bump the power even more... :wink2:

9010 bore diameter is only 52mm for those that don't know....

All of those saws weight more than they say. The 395 is a little over 18 lbs and the 660 is closer to 17.

All of those saws weight more than they say. The 395 is a little over 18 lbs and the 660 is closer to 17.

probably so... I know they went in that order though and if all of them weigh a little more than their web site says then we still know who the pig is and who the lightest is...

Also there is a full wrap coming with my newest Makita 9010 so that will bump the weight but might help balance...??? I don't know...???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back