Woodsman field days

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctd01

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone been to boonville ny for the woodsman field days? I know its far away but its a fun time and good place to get a deal on equipment! Aug 17-19

yes, been there just one time quite a few years ago. about 30 miles from me. and yes, bring some cash for the deals. the year i did go, they had a lumberjack competition. do not know if they still do that or not. hot saws are a blast to watch for those who have never seen one in action. in winter, boonville gets pounded with snow. this year not so much so far. at the same fairgrounds, they have snowmobile races around the old horse track.

field days

Have wandered to them for quite a few yrs. Good time to pick up needed stuff. Yeah the HOT SAWS are a rip.:msp_biggrin:

I went there and got lucky and asked a guy if he had any deals on saws, who wasn't even selling saws just Stihl accessories and I got a 441 with a 28" bar and chain for $650 cash. Not saying you're going to go there and get that deal, I got very lucky he wasn't even advertising the saw but it was sitting in the back of his trailer. I was going to get a 362 and the best price on those was $600 with a 20" bar and chain, I paid the 50 more for the 441 but would have settled for the 362.

Oregon LGX chains for $11 if I remember correctly or $11.50 all the way up to 20".

I'll probably be going a year from the next one to drop some dough on chains.

my friend bob used to have a vendor display of corn stoves there for many years. he would not get many potential sales of those stoves during the field days. he told me that folks would take a look, then shake their heads and then asked 'why'. everyone burns wood around there.

last year, a co-worker of mine picked up a NOS husq 350 for $200. maybe not the best deal, but not bad considering what they ran for years ago.

My inlaws have a house in the next town over in Ava. I have been 3 years in a row.

Back