"Woodstove Wrist"? (Black line on wrist/arm)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy_Bob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
In the winter I constantly have a 1 inch long black line just above my wrist on my lower arm.

This comes from throwing wood into the woodstove, and when I do this, my arm brushes against the top of the door opening and it leaves a black line there.

So... "Woodstove Wrist"?

In the winter I constantly have a 1 inch long black line just above my wrist on my lower arm.

This comes from throwing wood into the woodstove, and when I do this, my arm brushes against the top of the door opening and it leaves a black line there.

So... "Woodstove Wrist"?

I use to burn my arms when I was drunk loading the stove (years ago). Dumb ass...

"I use to burn my arms when I was drunk loading the stove (years ago). Dumb ass... "
Guess next morning you knew how much you drank if you had 1st, 2nd, or 3rd
degree burns:greenchainsaw:

About once a year I burn my arm from my stove. I wish I had the excuse that I was drunk, at least then there would have been a reason!

I believe that all woodburners burn their arms. In fact I once struck up a conversation with a fellow woodburner just due to the burn on his forearm.

That is some funny stuff. I can relate....morning routine looks the same all winter. Wake up...jump in the shower...get dressed...load the furnace...brush my teeth... scratch my head as to where all the dirt is coming from running into the sink.
Perhaps it is time to shake up the routine...........load the furnace...then jump in shower. Whatever still way better then cranking up the thermostat:cheers:

I use long cuff welding gloves to load my stove, and i have a nice scar from a burn on my forearm just above the cuff.

Well, it's been said that the old pros among us can tell the brand of the stove.....

By the brand from the stove.

Which is why, in certain circles, I wear long sleeves.

:taped:

TS

Last edited:
I wear welding gauntlets so I'm usually spared, but every so often I reach in a bit too far and get a bit too close and end up with a nice strip on my forearm.

I consider it a badge of honor.

Back