woodstoves not in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
Do you know those people that have woodstoves and just don't use them. I have a friend that just filled his 1000 gallon heating oil tank up at 271.9 a gallon. He has a beautiful woodstove that he bought and installed about two years ago when the power went off for a couple days. I think he has had maybe 4 fires in it. I just dont get it. But then he just doesn't get me spending my weekends cutting wood.

Yeah that sounds mad ... but then people think I'm nuts working 50+ hours a week and yet I'm frothing to get out in the weekend to cut some trees, or cart some wood back to home base, split a few rounds or whatever.

Let them be if they don't like burning wood. They don't know what they're missing, and the fewer people burning wood the less likely air-quality-control-boards will crack down on wood burners :)

Yeah that sounds mad ... but then people think I'm nuts working 50+ hours a week and yet I'm frothing to get out in the weekend to cut some trees, or cart some wood back to home base, split a few rounds or whatever.
+1 Im the same. I take my saws on the road with me just in case the opportunity arises to cut anything...ANYTHING! :chainsaw:

A perfect example

I know of a fine wood stove here that has had the paper and wood already to go for over 20 years! Everytime I am over there I want to just toss a match.... Who knows how many critters are living in the pipe! :confused:

Oh well....

-Pat

not using one I can understand as some people just dont have the know how ..
but building a new mega house and installing gas fireplaces that have a feature that makes them not heat but just look like a fire .....
my wifes sister did this .
you can touch the triple pane glass and it is cold!!! all it does is give you that feel she says????

Do you know those people that have woodstoves and just don't use them. I have a friend that just filled his 1000 gallon heating oil tank up at 271.9 a gallon. QUOTE]

$271.9 a gallon, i really hope that is a typo.
there are a couple of people around here that have either a wood stove or a fire place and never use them, while i have neither and wish a had one. there is just no where to put one and be able to tie into the chimney.

In Westchester County,NY, my Dad paid $2.77 a gallon for heating oil. He doesn't have a stove in house :(. Uses his fireplace when he gets the itch. I'm more than happy to provide the seasoned wood for the party. My "donations" to relatives and friends may earn me that new Husqvarna next year. I need another firewood saw- the ol' Partner P-70is getting lonely!

Back