Worcester ABL Removal Contract

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer666

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
After checking the comm-pass web site twice a day since August to get the bid form for the removal process ( still nothing posted ) I figured I'd give the ALB hot-line a call AGAIN to see whats going on. The last time I spoke with them they said it would be posted by mid November.

Well today they informed me that the bid WILL NOT be posted on the comm-pass site and that's all the info they have.

I asked who I could call to find out more info about whats going on. They told me to call Boston DCR. So I did. Of course I got a voice mail and I left a message. No call back as of yet.

I cant belive that this state is not going to give the local small businesses that specialize in residential tree removal, that have been removing trees on the same streets and backyards of the infested area for decades EVEN A CHANCE TO BID on the removal process.

Due to the economic situation my phone has not been ringing at all. I've been working a day or two a week for the past month. As I'm typing this I have over $300k worth of equipment sitting that could be put to use for the eradication effort but evidently the local small tree services are not good enough to even have a shot at the bid.

I'm not looking to make millions of dollars on this. I'm just trying to keep my employees going and my family fed. At the same time saving taxpayers millions of dollars by using local companies.

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

Thank You

Did you go to the seminar in waltham in October and the following event in Worcester, where you could get your vehicle stickers?

[Did you go to the seminar in waltham in October and the following event in Worcester, where you could get your vehicle stickers?/QUOTE]

Yes, myself and my crew went to the alb compliance workshop at Worcester Voke High School on October 10 2008. I did enter into the compliance agreement and all 5 of my trucks have the required alb eradication compliance stickers.

As a matter of fact, the FIRST THING that was said at the workshop was " If any of the tree guys in here want to bid on the removal contract, it will ONLY be available through the website comm-pass. Now that we have that clear lets move on "

Every time I remove a host tree in the quarantine area I go to the alb headquarters up at skyline drive and get a dump certificate to unload the logs at the Arrat st location. Every time I go, I ask the same questions and no one seems to know anything.

I live right outside Worcester. I'm not in the business, but I was really hoping that the feds and/or the state would do the right thing and let the local tree businesses bid on the removals. I guess (as usual with things here in MA) there're probably some behind the scenes deals being struck right now that are lining someone's pockets and screwing the working man.

Kind of off subject but we had a big tornado come threw about 5-6 years ago. Fema came and bid out the curbside pickup off all the homeowner debris. Everyone was allowed to bid on the clean up. They opened the bids at 7pm. By 7am there was a crew from Alabama working. The job was just south of St. Louis. Their trucks didn't fit the bid specs or anything. They weren't the cheapest either. Kind of funny how someone 500 miles away found out the got te bid and were working in under 12 hours. That was 380k that could have stayed in the local economy to help an area that doesn't have a ton of money. Point is the gov and fema don't really care.

Scott

Latest posts

Back