Words can have different meanings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
I was doing my daily search through Craigslist and came across this ad:

"Poulan Chain Saw Mdl 2150 super clean - $20"

Took a look at the ad and this is what I saw.....

IMG_0627.JPG

I was a bit surprised to see such a dirty saw. While I was thinking it would be pristine he was posting that it was a "Super Clean" model that apparently has reduced emissions. Just depends on how you interpret things.

You could also interpret the repair tag differently. Is it "done" being repaired or just plaing "done" for.

:agree2: stick a fork in her she's done. I guess clean, super clean and really super clean are more fitting than like new :monkey:

I was doing my daily search through Craigslist and came across this ad:

"Poulan Chain Saw Mdl 2150 super clean - $20"

Took a look at the ad and this is what I saw.....

I was a bit surprised to see such a dirty saw. While I was thinking it would be pristine he was posting that it was a "Super Clean" model that apparently has reduced emissions. Just depends on how you interpret things.

"Super Clean" actually is Poulan wording of "Air injection", it has nothing to do with emissions, rather with how clean the air filter stayed. ;)

I have the Partner version of that exact saw btw, and it held up for several years, despite it was used for much more cutting than it was designed for!

POS Poulans aren't always as bad as some like to think they are....

I would prefere that Poulan to a MS170 or 180 any day, but probably not the newer EPA riddled ones.....

Last edited:
I know alot of guys around here that run saws like that and can vouch for the fact that they have cut a good amount of wood with them.

When they run into real wood they always call me LOL!;)

"Super Clean" actually is Poulan wording of "Air injection", it has nothing to do with emissions, rather with how clean the air filter stayed. ;)

I have the Partner version of that exact saw btw, and it held up for several years, despite it was used for much more cutting than it was designed for!

POS Poulans aren't always as bad as some like to think they are....

I would prefere that Poulan to a MS170 or 180 any day, but probably not the newer EPA riddled ones.....

Yes! If you keep them tuned and sharp, they can provide good service. All the better if you open them up a bit. I think the basic design of these saws is quite good, but because they are primarily bought by "Average Joe" and we all know that "Average Joe" is probably going to dust it in short order through neglect and abuse, there is not much point in worrying about materials or superior build quality.

Latest posts

Back