Work shirts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Davis is defiantly the most commonly worn around here. Also hooded sweatshirts with the sleeves cut off at a little below the elbow.

Well each to their own in pissing matches. Sometimes I will wear a hood when I cut with a saw. Sometimes not. Just depends on how early in the morning is and if I'm warmed up or not. Normally after about half an hour running saw. The sweatshirt comes off and it just a hickory over a thinner long sleeved shirt. The only problem with wearing a hood with a hard hat. Hard hat likes to fall off.

On a second note. Don't forget about the V cuts in the front of the sweater. Got to be able to reach in them hickory pockets for the smokes. :givebeer:

People hardly ever have their hoods on their heads except for maybe some guys down in the sticks setting. I wear a hooded sweatshirt almost everyday that i go out and cut. Im not wearing the hood underneath my tin looking like a doushe and i dont think i probably look like a thug gangster since i dont think the homies wear Prison Blues and red spenders

Gentle Reader: In this part of the woods, hickory shirts, preferably with a zipper, are the preferred fashion. In the hot weather, they often have the sleeves completely ripped off--We hope it wasn't diarhea that caused this!
Or, we find that a wife beater or standard t-shirt layered underneath can be switched to on a hot day.

There is a decision to made on short sleeves. Do you want hemmed or the ripped off style? The latter again makes one wonder WHY they were torn off and WHAT was the excess sleeve used for? Sometimes one finds out by traipsing down through the unit. But we won't GO there.:)

On a hot day when the sweat is dripping in your eye, a sleeve can be slipped on your head to help as a sweat band (skull cap). The other sleeve used to wipe off the face, rag on the saw, or emergency TP (as stated above).

It's when a man walks out with a half shirt (bottom belly exposed) or no shirt, you just know he had a rough day.

Every kid in high school wears a hooded shirt. 100o outside and the gang banger wannabees have their hood up. In class they try to wear their hood up. Some teachers let them wear their hood up because it is a racial/pride thing. ( The hood is worn up to disguise them from the police. If dad does it then it is OK if the kids do it.) I like the feel of a hoody but I seldom wear the hood up. It is indeed good for keeping the hair clean when working up the dirty side of equipment.

Yeah I don't understand why people do that, I can't wear a sweatshirt while working unless it's 20 degrees or less.

when the weather turns cold i use a motorcycle style under the helmet bavaclava made by turtle fur,one type is just thin enough i can still wear my tin cap securely even in the brush,it is breathable dissapates sweat very well and plenty warm for this region,not very often does it get below zero degrees f.here,i do not like hoodies too many blind spots

It's when a man walks out with a half shirt (bottom belly exposed) or no shirt, you just know he had a rough day.

Goodness. I've seen one guy START the day with such shirt. Must've been a roadside emergency.

I've got tender ears, so when it gets cold, I dig out my fleece headbands. Most are colors that do not clash with the orange hardhat and vest. The latter is important.

i like the lime green cotton Ts. the problem i have is smelling so darn bad by the end of the day. and if it was a sycamore i was working on... the wife wants to hose me off before i get in the house...

So, here is the solution i came up with & seems to be working: after washing Ts i soak them in a mild chlorine bleach solution, wring them out, hang to dry. seems to beat back the odor-causing bacteria all day.

Quite the discussion on fashion we got here .. as far as hoods go , just ask yourself if you would want to get in a fight with the hood up .. and when you say No figgure out why ..... You want to get yourself smashed , whinedoner .. I wouldn,t pack you out ............. Course , if I was runnin the crew , I would tramp you if you kept using one .......

i like the lime green cotton Ts. the problem i have is smelling so darn bad by the end of the day. and if it was a sycamore i was working on... the wife wants to hose me off before i get in the house...

So, here is the solution i came up with & seems to be working: after washing Ts i soak them in a mild chlorine bleach solution, wring them out, hang to dry. seems to beat back the odor-causing bacteria all day.

Doesn't that ruin the color?

I cant help but laugh at the internet forum tough guys. Im sorry

Hmmmmm....laughing might not be a good idea. I know personally some of the people on here...and some of them are tough. Some of them are so tough that they take great care not to seem tough.

Come to our GTG next year and you'll see.

The faller on the left has the long sleeved, formal hickory shirt on.

attachment.php

Here is the fabric of the hickory shirt.

attachment.php

I would love to come to the GTG and meet some folks. Im not really too concerned about anyone being too tough.

Latest posts

Back