work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you are saying Jeff. Oh boy do I ever if you know what I mean . You do know what I mean don't ya Jeff?
Calm down bro, trust me , they aren't that exicited either.

I see what you are saying Jeff. Oh boy do I ever if you know what I mean . You do know what I mean don't ya Jeff?
Calm down bro, trust me , they aren't that exicited either.

OK, treemandan,I am actually refering to a little boy trying to be a pro, - And I know what you mean! To bad some dummies don't! You know who.
Jeff:)

OK, treemandan,I am actually refering to a little boy trying to be a pro, - And I know what you mean! To bad some dummies don't! You know who.

No I don't know who exactly but since its only me here I have to let the machine pick up when I am out. Its Ok, usually its someone looking for a better price or one of my clients who says " give me a call when you have time"
But yes, you have a very valid point, its best to have a person answer the phone and get to working the job, the early bird gets the worm... sort of... I think... actually I have no freaking idea how that works. I think its just luck of the draw... or the cheapest price... which they will wait for... hell its just a tree what do they care its about to fall in the road?

How much do i like the company, how "good" is the referral that brought me to them.

As a general response to the concept of the question..

If I am the company, what am I concerned about? Do I have a large enough backlog (hows that for a timber term? The mill don't shut down till the back logs are sawn! The teamesters don't rest till...) that I'm comfortable with loosing a lead?

Sometimes it is good to have an answering service, or phone secretary. If things are going well and you want to grow business then having someone to call to get a lead list may yield a good Return On Investment; you can tuck a few extra stops in a lead rout in areas you want to build a base, or see if there are any you can hit after the job is done, or as the crew is cleaning up.

If you are paying up for a smart phone, then some sort of service may be beneficial to maximizing the device. The service puts all calls to your email from a script so you know weather it needs a callback, or a stop.

I answer my phone 24/7. 99% of the time. Usually to address a concern or confirmation. When I started here 9 years ago, the owner would sometimes call at 11:00pm on a Sunday just to see if I answered.
Jeff

maybe he was just looking for his wife? Hold on, I blame that last remark on Stihl Sawing! You ever read his jokes? Got me thinking like a cretin.
But Hell I got that caller ID and sometimes when I see who is calling I run upstairs and hide under the bed. It might take me some time to muster up enough strength and courage to call them back.
This one gal has called me 3 years running. This year she actually said she was going to get the job done. I mean I keep going up there and spend time jawing and write a dam estimate but she re-nigs. I hope to get over tommorow so I can do the job she finally wants me to do. All of the sudden it has become a big freaking rush :dizzy: How did that happen? 3 years and now I have to get it done by next weekend?
Then of course I tell her the price and she is getting all funny cause she said I said 100 bucks last year but she don't have my old proposal and frankly neither do I.
But I hope to get it done this Sunday before more rain.

I answer my phone 24/7. 99% of the time. Usually to address a concern or confirmation. When I started here 9 years ago, the owner would sometimes call at 11:00pm on a Sunday just to see if I answered.
Jeff

Why do you get paid per call ? That would really burn my ass to be sitting on the couch with Mrs. treeclimber 101 and my :censored: boss just is seeing if I'm at attention , and no I don't answer every call , but that's just me..

Why do you get paid per call ? That would really burn my ass to be sitting on the couch with Mrs. treeclimber 101 and my :censored: boss just is seeing if I'm at attention , and no I don't answer every call , but that's just me..

That's because you're just a peon, and Jeffe is a manager.

That means he is pee'd on by everyone.

We're going a kick-a$$ dance band at a kick-a$$ bar tonite.:cheers:

LLTreeslayer will be in rare form, a presence on the dance floor. and after returning home, and cooking a 3 am breakfast, I will call this motha:censored:all night.:hmm3grin2orange:

Well, between "workouts" anyway.:lifter::love1:
ding, ding its on. :chainsaw:tell us you answer your phone 99.6% again, hummer pilot.

AWM. biatch.:cheers:

I send all my calls to VM, I don't want to deal with "How much would it cost to fix ______?" I'll wait until I have the time to call them back. If they don't leave a message, I'll just say "Hi this is Jason Eaton from Eaton Electrical Services. I apologize, but I missed your call earlier."

We're going a kick-a$$ dance band at a kick-a$$ bar tonite.:cheers:

LLTreeslayer will be in rare form, a presence on the dance floor. and after returning home, and cooking a 3 am breakfast, I will call this motha:censored:all night.:hmm3grin2orange:

Well, between "workouts" anyway.:lifter::love1:
ding, ding its on. :chainsaw:tell us you answer your phone 99.6% again, hummer pilot.

AWM. biatch.:cheers:

Ha Ha, You are the .4%! Ha Ha! I was at my sisters B-Day party.

Latest posts

Back