Working for a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I did a tree job for a local RedMax dealer, he paid me 2 saws for removing 2 trees, 3.5 hours in total. and they did all the clean up, all We had to do was take the trees down, and cut them up, and leave it. He gave me a brand new (9 year old, still in the box!) Redmax G455AVS with a 16" Bar it is a pretty nice 45cc saw, and seems to have a fair amount of power for what it is. The second is a G621AVS w/20" bar. A 62cc saw that seems to have a fair amount of power too.

What to you guys think? for 3.5 hours of work I don't think i did too bad.

Has anyone else done work for saws/equipment?

2 weeks ago I did a tree job for a local RedMax dealer, he paid me 2 saws for removing 2 trees, 3.5 hours in total. and they did all the clean up, all We had to do was take the trees down, and cut them up, and leave it. He gave me a brand new (9 year old, still in the box!) Redmax G455AVS with a 16" Bar it is a pretty nice 45cc saw, and seems to have a fair amount of power for what it is. The second is a G621AVS w/20" bar. A 62cc saw that seems to have a fair amount of power too.

What to you guys think? for 3.5 hours of work I don't think i did too bad.

Has anyone else done work for saws/equipment?

Howdy UrbanLogger,
I would say you did good. Plus they did the clean up. I have never been lucky enough to find a deal like that. I would of done it for sure. Have a good one.

v/r

Mike

Obviously you did good.............just one question though.............how did he happen to have a 9 yr. old saw still in the box???

Just like the dealer in AZ that had 20 year old New Saws in the Box, Ordered too many and they never sold, therefore put up in storage!
That would be yours Truly. Been there Done that. :buttkick:

The 9 yr old saw still in the box was 1 of 3 they ordered before Redmax stopped making them, and it never sold, and eventually ended up on a top shelf in the back covered in dust, they found it a day or 2 before the deal was struck, and put it out on the shelf, when it came time to barter, I saw it, and threw it into the deal as a saw I wanted, he said ok.

The 621 is a pretty good saw, power to weight wise. The other says a lot about how well Red Max saws sell.

As for old in the box stuff, I've decided to leave my last ever 372 in the box and hang on to it. Don't really know why, but I'm leavin' it there.

UrbanLogger said:
The 9 yr old saw still in the box was 1 of 3 they ordered before Redmax stopped making them,

Thr G455avs is still available, just not in the Americas and Canada. It is available in all other locals.
The Redmax distribution leaves much to be desired. We get only a small sample of what Komatsu Zenoah makes,and they will not even help aquire a replacement part for an item bought overseas. I have 2 G415avs saws bought in Greenland by a relative while stationed there. even for an air filter I am SOL.
They make a nice saw, I hope with Husqvarna they improve their parts availablity.

Last edited:
Thats crazy...I used to work for a Komatsu (Construction Equip.) Dealership. They only sold/shipped a small % of what they actually make, to US. They offer a huge selection of equipment over seas, but only about half of that here. I didn't know they were the same with their saws too. I like that G455AVS alot, it's light, has plenty of power, cuts quick, and seems to run pretty smooth. Why wont they sell, of offer a larger selection in the US?

Latest posts

Back