working on 142 brake , looks like same on 137 141 and others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaktree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need help locating where this %%$% spring goes on the brake .Its the larger spring , the one twisted thats up in the handle .I have the diagram but it really doesn't show how it fits up in the handle . I recieved a basket of brake parts so this is is the first one Iv't tried to repair.

Any one with a photo as to its location would be helpfull . I assume it puts pressure to give handle position .thanks rt

Last edited:
IPL is pretty clear. If you need more I can take pics of the one I have.But it's pretty straight forward.

Re

Hey thanks again ,,Yep sorry to say But I have that parts break down .. They show it in line with the 2 half pieces that bolt through
the handle ,That can,t be right is it ? Photo would help , Maybe on the side ,but still in line some how ? .
Ron

re

Also The spring looks like it may be bent off some ,but close to parts file .

re help

anyone ? ..Its the spring with the double loop ,,

Latest buy run up 141

This is the 141 I'm working on , didn't get back to trying to figure out spring . I did open up muff and retune .Is has a old bar chain with two
teeth broken .The b&c was was on anoughter saw as a loaner , and last time i do that.Even the bar was bent at the tip and was new like. I was able to get it back in shape . The chain Has about 70 % left so why not try to use .Well it seemed to cut ok .Here some cuting and rippin
on hard maple [video=youtube;kDrtW-5xSXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDrtW-5xSXA[/video]

Man I need a log horse

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back