World's easiest starting 60cc chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Echo 60s the 1969, starts 1 st pull , my 372 needs 2 pulls.... [emoji41]

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Nice saws (PS-6100 & PS-420), I like all Dolmar's! :)
I don't know anybody in possession of a PS-6100 :( , but a coworker has a brand new PS-420 - itching to get my hands on her. :D

Looks like they feature that spring-wind-up-easy-start-thingy.
I have it on my MTD weed-whacker, never cared for it though.

Thinking about it it is quite ridiculous!
They (whoever "THEY" is) make lighters and most likely other stuff child-proof, but power tools are easier to start & use then ever! :confused:

The only 60cc saw I can comment on is my Dolmar PS-6400 - it is NOT the easiest starting 60cc saw there is!
She requires:
- COLD 5 to 7 pulls (3-4 on choke + 1-2 on half throttle)
- WARM always 1 pull respectively :)
- no easy-start-thingy nor DeCo valve on my PS-6400 - very unlikely a child would be able to start her
The 6400 is a nice saw. I considered it but I knew I would just end up putting the 7900 top end in and well I do not need that right now . Lol I just keep telling myself that.

The 6400 is a nice saw. I considered it but I knew I would just end up putting the 7900 top end in and well I do not need that right now . Lol I just keep telling myself that.
I too wanted a PS-7900, but instead of converting my PS-6400 I kept lurking for a used nicely priced PS-7900.

Currently I am barely holding back to jump on a nicely priced Dolmar PS-7310 listed in the classifieds at a pawn shop - I am telling myself "It's in between the PS-6400 & PS-7900, You don't NEED it - but I sure as breathing WANT it!". :D
Good thing it's 200KM one way from my place, otherwise I'd be all over it already. ;)

It is currently still available and listed at 288 Euro, somebody will be a happy owner. :)

I don't believe I've ever cn a saw that takes more than a 4 or 5 pulls to b running, I figure if it don't hit by the second or third pull there's something wrong with it.

I don't believe I've ever cn a saw that takes more than a 4 or 5 pulls to b running, I figure if it don't hit by the second or third pull there's something wrong with it.
I hate fighting with something to get it running.
I have a buddy who waits for something of mine to give me trouble. He has bought more then one thing at a really good deal that he has running perfect in no time. Lol

I hate fighting with something to get it running.
I have a buddy who waits for something of mine to give me trouble. He has bought more then one thing at a really good deal that he has running perfect in no time. Lol
A bunch of my personal saws I've gotten gave to me by a logger who couldn't get it started. Most loggers I know if it gives them trouble more than once they buy a new one. My beloved 394 was gave to me cause it wouldn't start, the plug wire was bad. It's rarely something major.

If it ain't running in 4 pulls or the most 5 there absolutely is something wrong.

If a saw is right on a cold start it should hit by the 3rd pull and b running by he 5th, if not u got fuel problems or compression problems . I'd throw spark in there but that's rarely it. My saws are ported with a lot of compression but if they don't hit by the 3rd pull I start looking for the problem, seems high compression helps with quick starts but a stock saw should b right with it.

My 5105 start either 1st or 2nd pull cold. Its surprising how hard it is to pull, must be that ultra high compression.:surprised3:
It starts good because of compression, every ported saw I have will start faster than there stock counterpart. That is if u don't tip toe up to the pull rope, if u do its a soar hand for you.

Nice saws (PS-6100 & PS-420), I like all Dolmar's! :)
I don't know anybody in possession of a PS-6100 :( , but a coworker has a brand new PS-420 - itching to get my hands on her. :D

Looks like they feature that spring-wind-up-easy-start-thingy.
I have it on my MTD weed-whacker, never cared for it though.

Thinking about it it is quite ridiculous!
They (whoever "THEY" is) make lighters and most likely other stuff child-proof, but power tools are easier to start & use then ever! :confused:

The only 60cc saw I can comment on is my Dolmar PS-6400 - it is NOT the easiest starting 60cc saw there is!
She requires:
- COLD 5 to 7 pulls (3-4 on choke + 1-2 on half throttle)
- WARM always 1 pull respectively :)
- no easy-start-thingy nor DeCo valve on my PS-6400 - very unlikely a child would be able to start her

Are you using the decomp valve? I owned one and made the mistake of using the decomp once. Took well over a dozen pulls after that to start it. Second time I left the decomp alone and it started 2nd or 3rd pull. I was told by someone more familiar with the Dolmar that the decomp just made it more difficult. I don't remember the theory behind that and its the only Dolmar I've owned so I don't know whether that was an accurate, general statement or not. Sure was the case with mine though.

Are you using the decomp valve? I owned one and made the mistake of using the decomp once. Took well over a dozen pulls after that to start it. Second time I left the decomp alone and it started 2nd or 3rd pull. I was told by someone more familiar with the Dolmar that the decomp just made it more difficult. I don't remember the theory behind that and its the only Dolmar I've owned so I don't know whether that was an accurate, general statement or not. Sure was the case with mine though.
What is that DeCo valve all You guys talk about?
Is it some kind of beer? :lol:

On a serious note, none of my saws feature a decompression valve! ;)
It is not like they are 120+cc or extremely squish reduced.
They are factory stock and I honestly never felt the need for a DeCo valve, but then again I am built fairly strong so that might mitigate the need for one. :)
They start hardest cold, have most resistance too - once warm one drop start brings them to life, always. :chainsaw:

The Dolmar 6100 does not have a decompression valve. It just pulls easy.
:rock:

I don't know if there is an easier starting 60cc saw out there. If so let's see it.

That is soooo kewl. Drape dad's safety dear around them, hold the saw by the handlebar, and let them cut while they hold the throttle. The girls dig it!

If it ain't running in 4 pulls or the most 5 there absolutely is something wrong.

You were correct, the saw started getting hard to start in warm weather also. With a 22 year old saw, bad things go through your mind, are the rings worn out, are the seals leaking, etc. But as I always tell people, check the simple stuff first.

It likes the new fuel filter.

Latest posts

Back